Sporting CP x Horsens : Europa League 2nd Leg

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by natenate101, Aug 30, 2012.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting lineup:

-------------------Patricio-------------
    Cedric-----Boulha-----Rojo---Pranjic
    -------Elias---------------Gelson-------
    -Carrillo------Adrien--------Capel-----
    ------------------VwW--------------------

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're up 2-0 in the 25th minute. Should be 4-0, Rojo has missed 2 great chances off of Adrien's corners. Second goal was a fortunate own goal after a long ball for Pranjic almost found Carrillo and struck off the defender's knee into their goal. First goal was a great long ball from Boulha to Ricky, who chested and fired into goal with a tip by the keeper. Not playing great, but solid.

3. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
  4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hopefully this is a confidence boost and sharpened our finishing skills ...

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  5. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Until I saw the replay, I thought the own-goal was actually Carrillo imitating Ronaldo.

Anyways, Carrillo is going to be good, you can see him getting better every match.

6. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Carillo already looked great last year

He is my second fav player on sporting alongside rinaudo. after Patricio

7. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    He always looked great. But what I mean by my comment is he's gone from "great looking signing" to "well, we possibly have a game-breaker here", something we've been sorely lacking for a long time.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carrillo is no doubt talented but still goes brain dead a lot. Personally I don't quite
    Ike him as a week in and it starter, prefer him off the bench right now. Issue is, we have no one else better to start, as Jeffren is lost, Izmailov is a ghost and Sa Pinto likes Labyad at the 10. Just think he needs to learn the game better and he could be unstoppable. Good game yesterday though,

The team still looked a bit stifled in the first half, but really opened it up in the second and the talent won through. Thought VwW looked brighter, both Boulha and Rojo played well, Pranjic slotted on nicely and things werent so frantic on the left. Adrien/Elias/Gelson all played well.

We got a good draw for the group stage in terms of the quality opposition. Good to be in Pot 1. Basel, Genk, and Videoton ( club of Renato Neto and caneira)

9. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    RE: Labyad

I think Labyad will be better at the 10 than Adrien.

Our midfield is so bloated right now:
    Labyad, Adrien, Izmailov, Rinaudo, Carrico, Elias, Schaars, Fernandes, Martins.

Now let's divide them up to offensive, defensive:
    Offensive: Adrien, Labyad, Izmailov, Elias*, Schaars*, Martins
    Defensive: Rinaudo, Fernandes, Elias*, Schaars*

So I guess the question is, once Rinaudo is fully fit, and he's ready to play DM, who plays next to him. Does Schaars play? Does Elias play? Does Fernandes? Do we move Adrien into a deep-lying playmaker role and let Labyad be the 10? What about A. Martins in that same role?

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure about Labyad, he really hasn't played enough to show much of his characteristics. I don't think he's mature enough to start at the 10. He hasn't made much of an impact when he has played to me. Adrien isn't the most dynamic player, but he is solid and plays both ways. I think he'll end up splitting time between 10 and 8 until Labyad shows he can own it or Izmailov returns.

We may see Us playing with no 10 at times, and Viola as a SS.