Sporting CP Pre Season 17/18

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by AlexJones19, Jul 6, 2017.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: FW Leonardo Ruiz who trained with the team during pre-season, has been loaned to Boavista for the season.

---

http://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias/...nicado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad

Comunicado por Leonardo Ruiz

A Sporting Clube de Portugal - Futebol, SAD informa que chegou a acordo com a Boavista SAD para a transferência por empréstimo até final da época desportiva 2017/18 do jogador Leonardo Ruiz.

A Sporting SAD deseja a Leonardo Ruiz as maiores felicidades pessoais e profissionais.

2. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I f*cking love Willie. He's such an amazing player. I'm torn about selling him. We'd be much worse without him, but at the same time, I want him to take the next step for the sake of his career. I want him to be known as the best DM in the game, he deserves it.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Ryan Gauld loaned to Aves for this season.

---

http://www.sporting.pt/pt/noticias/...cado-sporting-clube-de-portugal-futebol-sad-0

A Sporting Clube de Portugal - Futebol, SAD informa que chegou a acordo com a Desportivo das Aves, Futebol SAD para a transferência por empréstimo até final da época desportiva 2017/18 do jogador Ryan Gauld.

A Sporting SAD deseja a Ryan Gauld as maiores felicidades pessoais e profissionais.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sporting vs. Guimaraes on right now.

Guimaraes up 1-0

Starting XI:

Beto;
    Tobias, Coates, Petrovic, Jonathan;
    Iuri Medeiros, William, Adrien, Matheus Oliveira;
    Bruno César, Doumbia

I don't understand anything anymore.

5. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL was gonna rush home from work to catch what I can but after seeing that lineup I think I'll take my time

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    2-0 - what kind of awful tactic and player selection is this? What's the point JJ? Bruno Cesar on the right?

EDIT: And Coates gets a straight red... in a friendly.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rui Patrício, Battaglia, Gelson Martins, Bruno Fernandes and Acuña came on for second half.

Beto, Iuri Medeiros, William Carvalho, Adrien and Matheus Oliveira came off

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    3-0 final - didn't watch the second half but with the starters playing it was a lot better, although towards the end Guimaraes scored a 3rd.

let this be the last time JJ tries this 3 at the back system.

OndaVerde repped this.
  9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Jeremy Mathieu is injured already? Could be rolling into the season with an anemic defense.... regret that Oliveira sale already

vilafria repped this.
  10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Predictable Mathieu would be hurt. Dude's trash and 33 years old. This is what happens when you give JJ too much control.

Mattheus Oliveira sucks too. And he's also being played out of position.

Piccini still sucks. And there is no back up. Thanks JJ.

Can't wait until JJ is gone. That, and we need a sports director. JJ has too much power and he's way too retarded to manage a team.

Selling Paulo Oliveira was retardation on the highest level.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL only Tobias available for Fiorentina on Saturday at CB. He will probably play with Palhinha, but if we play 3 at the back it will be murder.

JJ saying that Piccini has played 3 games straight because he has no alternative and is fatigued and the other defenders are out due to match fatigue - well who decided to play 5 games in 9 days?

BdC said the squad is 99.9% complete. I doubt it - Tobias is not good enough to be even our 4th CB, we still need a RB (looks like the Foulquier deal is dead) and potentially another CB, otherwise reintegrate Douglas and Schelotto. Better get their act together or there's gonna be elections again soon...

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea BDC and JJ can ******** off both. Dudes are absolute morons and can seem to get their shit together

13. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Troféu Cinco Violinos contra Fiorentina tomorrow, and hopefully being the last game before the season kicks off we'll see the experiments be done with and rolling with the actual formation and squad selection to get some rep in. CB is gonna be a shit storm with the injuries and Coates ' suspension, but other than that I'd like to see our expected XI. The only spot I'm torn at is CM. I think I'd like to see Bruno Fernandes give it a go and see how we'd fare in the wake of an Adrien sale.

---------------Dost---Doumbia
    Acuña-----------------------------Gelson
    ------------Bruno Fernandes
    --------------------William
    Coentrão-----------------------Piccini
    ------------Palhinha--Tobias
    ------------------Patricio

Although, the pairing at CB can't help but keep you nervous you might want to get some better defensive pressure up front and maybe in this case would be better suited with Adrien to provide that

natenate101 repped this.
  14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Boggles the mind how this organization shits the bed on the biggest weaknesses all last year. ********ing morons.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Best lineup IMO considering the absences in defense.

Would love to see Double D up front, but it doesn't seem like Dost and Doumbia are going to be a thing with JJ, and at this moment Podence (well deserved) seems to have the starting spot behind Dost.

OndaVerde repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    5 Violins Trophy vs. Fiorentina right now.

Rui Patrício;
    Piccini, William Carvalho, Tobias Figueiredo, Fábio Coentrão;
    Battaglia, Bruno Fernandes;
    Gelson Martins, Podence, Acuña;
    Bas Dost

http://www.dailydeportes.pw/event/stream39.html

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Tobias and William at Central Defense.

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Why do red cards carry over in friendlies. Seems pointless.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Great save from Podence's shot, this kid has some serious skill, brilliant play

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    GOAL! 1-0 BAS DOST!!!!

The goal was initally called offside (and I even thought before the replay that it was offside) but after consulting the VAR the goal was legit.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Halftime. Hopefully we can keep the cleansheet.

Battaglia and Podence have been the best. Battaglia is really dominating at DM today - just needs to be careful not to give away the ball when trying to go forward because it exposes us to counters

Podence - looks to have secured a starting spot for sure.

William actually playing really well at CB. Tobias seems so lost, he seems to be mentally fragile as he makes a lot of mistakes. He really should be loaned out.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    6 subs at once

Gelson, Bruno Fernandes, bas dost, acuna, coentrao, podence off

Adrien, Alan Ruiz, Doumbia, iuri medeiros, bruno cesar, Jonathan silva on

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    1-0 final. Second half was a bit of a snoozefest after all those subs. It seems clear that the first half team (with Coates and Mathieu) will start next game. Battaglia was imo the best player and if he keeps this up, might be a good substitute for William.

Glad to finally get a cleansheet, important in our last friendly before our first official game away at Aves next week.

natenate101 repped this.
  24. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's interesting JJ seems to be putting his faith in podence . He must be good.

I'll admit I haven't watched much of sporting this pre season. I've mostly just been reading.

I'll be watching when the league starts

Seems like acuna, fernandes and doumbia are big additions . Also sounds like batagglia been doing well. Coentrao also if he keeps fit.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Coentrao is getting better each game. They have him on a specific fitness plan since he hasn't played regularly the last 2 years.

We still need a RB and tbh Tobias needs to go so if there is a good central defender available to be a valid option off the bench in case Mathieu or Coates is out.

Can't believe JJ let all those players go on loan and the one that sticks behind is Tobias who didn't even cut it at Nacional who were relegated.