Sport Club Beira-Mar Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Vitalis Clubs' started by Força Sporting, May 9, 2006.

1. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So nice to have my home town team back in the top league. I pull for Sporting, but have a soft spot for these guys. I just hope I can get a jersey again (the last one I was able to get outside of Portugal was the last time they were in the top league).

Orlando

2. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Congrats to Beira-Mar in the return to the top flight

3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Will post some videos tomorrow... only a few pictures are available right now....

Trying to find out the attendance, looks to me like it was at least 6K could be over 10 though...

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    PS: When the hell will Beira-mar be back on the selectable teams list so I can get rid of the god damned 'other' in my profile!?!?!?!:D

5. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Aveirenses,

I watched the Sport TV2 stream on the computer, but they messed it up, so I only saw the second half, missed the goal. They spent most of it defending, and I was pretty worried a couple of times when they looked confused in the back. I can tell you it was funny when the players had to help get the fans off the field because the extra time wasn't over yet. From what I could tell, the stands across from the camera were closed off, and the rest of the stadium looked about 3/4 full. It was a nice turnout, and they even showed the crowd doing the wave. LOL

Orlando

6. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My Mom had to have a local friend who was a socio get one at the ground. I got it for Christmas

[​IMG]

7. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tony,

Not sure if it is going to happen again, but I bought my jersey last time just as they started the year, and then they changed to the stripes. Kind of a new look for the top league. I of course had the older jersey. I am almost worried that they will do it again, but I really like the look of the one they have now (that you have). I have always liked the classic looks over the fancy "stylish" jerseys that look stupid 10 years later. I supposed I could ask my aunt to head into the stadium and see if she can still get me a jersey, she spends about 10 months a year there.

Orlando

8. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Orlando, some things that I like is that the stripes are only in the front and not the back, plus the Legea logo on both shoulders is the same as the overall yellow of the shirt so it doesn't stick out as bad as the Legea logo does on most other shirts. Although I could do with out the "athletic tight" fit of the shirt.

Now if they could do an alternate or third that would have the look of the outside of the ground, that would be something (good or bad would remain to be seen...)

9. oteixeira

oteixeira Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Middlesex, NC
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here is the one I have, it is a long sleeve away (06-07, but they only wore it the first few weeks of the season):

[​IMG]

Orlando

10. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I like the sleeve design, but yeah black needs to be on there

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's the away jersey, that's why it's white.

Are they still using Legea? I thought they switched to another company? This season's jerseys looked nice during the season...

BRING BACK JARDEL!
    Who's with me!? Hahaha, just kidding of course. From the comments I've read on the blogosphere, I would say that the most important thing is going to be to shore up the defense.

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Move us damnit we are liga sagres now bitches!:d:d

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Patience, grasshopper , patience.

14. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I was thinking the same thing, who does one have to rep to get this moved...

15. chop4life13

chop4life13 New Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Does anyone know what pre-season games Beira-Mar is playing in this summer?

16. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    over due by now :)

17. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtscXoPZvC8&feature=player_embedded#at=21"]YouTube - 89 Aniversario Beira-Mar - A queda do bolo[/ame]

LOL!

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    how do you guys rate chinese strike wang gang?
    up to now, he scored 1 goal in 2 matches.

19. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Iranian investor Pishyar - Servette's owner - bought 80% of Beira-Mar's SAD and will now lead the club financially. Despite the enormous ambition, he doesn't promise any expensive signings this season.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=280310

Servette is not that much of a great club to begin with so I think this is more of a side project.

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He's rated above average by the fan's forum.

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He promised an initial investment of 1 million euros. Not a lot, if the goal is to be a top club. We'll see where it leads.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He has ambition for Beira - Mar? I am sure it was all PR. Servette has as much history as Beira- Mar, more of base to build on, including more fans and a modern stadium.

23. Beiramar/Vascaino

Sep 7, 2011
    Important game coming up for Beira Mar vs U Leiria
    Beira Mar will be without Luso Frances Yohan Tavares, ex U 21 Bura the tallest player on the team, to take his place.

24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    With the winning in Coimbra, Beira-Mar is now in mid-table. It has, interestingly, the best defense in the league ( 6 goals against ) and the worst attack ( 7 goals scored )

25. Beiramar/Vascaino

Sep 7, 2011
    Beira Mar finish the year in 7th place with a all Portuguese defence.