Spoons Wedding -Pregame 10/4/03

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Oct 2, 2003.

1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I don't know who is going to win this one. We have been waiting to see this match hit the primetime for a while. This will be on Spoons home turf in Q-town. Does anybody know if this is on the shootout?

My prediction

Spoon- 1
    Lisa- 0

(Spoonmore in the 3rd min.)

Seriously though, I am happy for you, Lisa, and Madison. Wish we could all be there. Congratularions and many years of happiness to come.

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I've just gotta publicly say.....

What kind of jackass lets his girl plan their wedding on the day of a home game? Have you asked her if you can have your balls back yet? :D

Seriously, good luck, have fun and dont kick any little kids Saturday morning or the whole thing might turn out ugly. ;)

3. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Are you trying to say that Spoon's premature? ;)

4. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Help for everyone

Absolutely, best wishes.

But...

"Honey, can I take my balls tonight???
    Come on, honey, please?
    But, all the guys are taking theirs...
    No?!?...Sorry guys, can't have 'em. She says no."

That's how it starts. Something like a wedding instead of a game. All I'm saying is somebody knew it was a gameday. Over time the qualifying bar for acceptable reasons to miss a game will lower to "lI planed lunch with the mother-in-law". Get used to dealing this phrase, "What's more important, me or the game?" Barring marrying a woman who would prefer to be theere with you Pull this weed as quickly as possible:

The answer of course is her, but not at the precise moment KC is on the field. Obviously, you can't say this under any circumstances!

What you tell her BTW is, "It's not about more important, [term of endearment], the schedule is released in February and these are things I need to be me so I can be fully available to you later. She married you, she's not going anywhere. Put it back on her. Very important that you say this with conviction and sincerity. Also, you must be "fully available" later.

You have to ask yourself, game or lunch and shopping with Mom? Choose life, wear blue.
    :)

5. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Spoons Wedding -Pregame 10/4/03

Last summer, mine was on July 6th, so I missed 2 wizard home games for my wedding. However, I think that counts as a draw, because it was the first Saturday after the World Cup ended. :D

Congrats, Spoon

6. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Help for everyone

Above possible candidate for next forum tagline.

Congrats Spoon. I hope you have text messaging enabled on a cellphone near you somewhere.

7. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sorry, Spoon, but HOLY $HIT THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!

Seriously, congrats Spoon!!! :D

And Ben, the Wizards won on Gaughan's wedding day with Mike not there, and lost on mine when I was there. Maybe there's a trend.

8. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Spoons Wedding -Pregame 10/4/03

Congrats Spoon!

I think McGinty might be onto something. When Beth and I missed a game for our wedding (in July of 2000 against Columbus) the Wizards won 3 - 1.

9. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    I think we've spotted a strategy. One of us just needs to get married every weekend...Oh, wait.

10. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations Spoon! Here's to a lifetime of hapiness for you, Lisa, and your kid(s)!

11. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    Congratees!

12. SoccerNutScott

SoccerNutScott New Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats Dude. Thats Awesome.

13. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you guys for the kind words. Everything when off without a hitch. And after getting home at 5:00 we have finally got everything unloaded and into the house. Fun Fun