Spirit Players reach out and touch fans. (WUSA article)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by AB1FAN, Sep 10, 2002.

1. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. PickFlipAri

PickFlipAri New Member

Sep 18, 2002
    San Diego/Providence
    Hmmmm......Not so touching afterall!

I just wanted to say that I am a enthusiastic Spirit fan, and support them all the way!! But..............I was a season ticket holder last season, and I did not receive a phone call from anyone!! Sure I received the renewal form, but no "thank you call" or message! I was kind of hurt, haha, sounds silly, I know. But I read about some other people getting phone calls, and I was keeping an ear out for the phone call which never came! I left like two weeks ago for school, but I was only gone for a week, and we do have an answering machine, so I don't know why I was chosen to be the one not to call!! Now I am in Providence, RI for school, so I doubt I will be receiving a call from the Spirit anymore!! I was a little saddened, because in the article it said they called every single Spirit season ticket holder, and unfortunately, they did not! I am only going to be in school til mid May, and then I am going back to SD, so I probably would have renewed my Season tickets, but now, I feel neglected, so I may not anymore!
    Sorry for being so negative, but I was just hurt after being such a loyal Spirit fan!!

3. N_Spirit

N_Spirit New Member

Aug 21, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    not the only one

hey PFA,
    i was in the same boat as you. i never got a call from anyone either, around the time people started telling their stories of a player calling them i was either at home or at practice and never heard from anyone. if any of the players did call and i wasnt there, they did not leave a message on my answering machine to let me know. i am a very active fan and always will be and i think that was a great way to get in touch with some fans, but i dont think they went through the whole list either. my cousin didnt even get a call either, we know how you feel

4. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    What was that about changing our tag line to "Our PR's better than yours"????

Sounds like it might not be.