Spirit of Nicholson alive ... at Highbury

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by surfcam, Nov 4, 2004.

1. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Hmmmm is all I say. Please remember that there are many Arsenal fans who hate everything to do with that sh1t Yid Army and can't stand the buggers. I certainly wouldn't give a damm if the lot of them......... (etc,etc, etc)

3. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand. The article does prove, however, that were a great and they suck.

4. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

I agree, the 1960's were a time to behold for them and ever since they've been sh1t. I don't care though, I still hate them. Nov 13th will not be a pleasant day.........

5. Henrik

Henrik New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Forget about their neanderthaler fans, the team played good football and stayed loyal to that philosophy for years.

First time I came to England was on school trip in Feb 1980, I hoped to wathc Arsenal but they played Stoke away that particular weekened, the only chance to see a 1 Division game (as the premierleague was called then) was to go to WHL to watch Spurs play Coventry. Spurs had Jennings in goal, Archibald, Ardiles, Villa, Hoddle etc back then and won 4-3 in a very entertaining match.

Spurs were a good attacking team but were let down by a frail defence back then. Now, who does that remind about?

6. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Maximus respectus 2 Nicholson and the thread starter - I've lived a stones throw from White Hart Lane and Highbury and Played once in the Arsenal Veterans league and once in a soccer workshop @ WHL. I lived through the C. george, G. Armstrong, Radford, Mclintock, Mcnab, Rice, Wilson, Kennedy, Gilzean, M.Peters. M. England, Greaves, F.Saul, C. Knowles, Perryman, Venables, Jennings etc... era and Tottenham, like West Ham, were considered the aristocrats of English football... u'll not b pleased 2 know I now live a stones throw from the Bridge. :D

7. Henrik

Henrik New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Correction:

I said Pat Jennings in goal when I meant Ray Clemence of course. Pat had moved up in the world and played for the Gunners in the late 70s early 80s.

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was going to say.... But, Ray Clemence was a fine keeper too, in his day.

9. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After seeing Demi Moore at Highbury last week I thought it was about Jack Nicholson! :D

10. goonerob

goonerob New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    north london
    A great quote from the late Bill Nicholson was "If you are not in Europe, you are nothing".