Spector joins Charlton on loan

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Allamerican74, Jul 9, 2005.

1. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Charlton has now signed a Uruguayan center back, Gonzalo Sorondo, on loan from Inter for a year. I don't know much about him, though he was on loan at Crystal Palace last year.

It may mean that Spector will play at outside back, rather than in his preferred central position, for Charlton.

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope not... I want to see him in the middle... perhaps Sorondo will be backup... thanks for the info btw... did Sorondo play at CP last year? i mean did he get meaningful time? if not, its unlikely he'd take time away from Spec who is quite a talent.

3. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Spector's mullet is the source of his power. Cut the mullet, and he'll be no better than the likes of Mark Lynch.

I hope this loan is subject to recall. I have nightmares of defensive shortfall, with Spector getting "Players Young Player of the Year" while at Charlton.

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly explains Cygan's problem.

5. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    I don't think Spector's fitness was a factor in his disappointing display in that game. If he wasn't fit then he wouldn't have played. Throughout the group stages...the US showed that they are more than capable of defending without Spector. The Bottomline is that Graziano Pele would've dominated that game with or without Spector in that game. Pele is just that skilled but really the Italians just outclassed the Americans on the day. Second best for the most part.

6. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    didn't Charlton also sign Chris Powell to play at LB to replace Konchesky? If thats the case...where the hell is Spector supposed to play?

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Spector is better than both Powell and Sorondo... him getting playing time wont be a factor.

8. RhythmandGangsta1825

Jan 8, 2005
    Utica,New York
    we all know this...but at the same time...Powell is a lot more experienced and very steady. I don't know Curbishley's mind but he knows what Powell can offer through the duration of a season as a starter. I really see Spector playing at centre-half with the departure of Mark Fish...either way...Spector is in the starting eleven.

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    right, that's what i was saying... he'll play... whether its LB/RB (he's actually right footed so he should be fine there if he can play LB) or prefferably CB he's going to get decent minutes...

I agree w/ haven... I hope there's a recall option on the loan.

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There better be. It's no use for us to pay the lad to sit on Charlton's bench, if he could instead be sitting on ours, or at least getting steady reserve matches, etc.

11. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only it were that simple......

12. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allez, allez!

(Someone please tell me they know what I'm referring to...)

13. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    I think this pretty much sums up Spector's move to Charlton:

Good Ol' Roswell :D

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    LMAO!