Speaking Hypothetically...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Danizinho, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    In the event the Revs win it all, shouldn't they get a parade and be featured during a Boston Celtics game? :)

I know this is said sort of tongue-in-cheek, but I wonder about that.

Your thoughts.

2. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    They will get squat.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I don't expect anything remotely similar should they manage to advance past United, and win MLS Cup. Maybe the Krafts can do some manner of rally, but I don't see anything being done -- they'd get about as much attention as the Boston Cannons would if they won their league.

4. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe a parade through Ludlow with a feature at a Pioneers match? ;)

Seriously, that would be a smart thing to do and should not be impossible to pull off. Maybe they could at least schedule a rally with players from the two other championship teams. Bring all the trophies together with the team captains for a photo op. Make big banners proclaiming "City of Champions" (maybe Pittsburgh has some left from the late 70's)

5. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, let's just have a party at a bar with the Revs players and supporters. Have a few speeches, do a few shots. We don't need no stinkin' "wolling wally." :D

6. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made this joke earlier, but...

Giant-ass Sox banner outside the Statehouse; we'll get a post-it on Romney's windshield.

7. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Actually, I think there would be a big bandwagon - because it would help pump up the whole "New England - Home of Champions" thing (not because anyone around here cares about that soccer thing).

8. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a big parade here in Plymouth the weekend before Thanksgiving, maybe we could squeeze them in.

Personally, I'd like to see some of those idiotic politician bets, then I'd feel we're getting some respect.

Here's a semi-serious question, what sort of local acknowledgement have previous cup winners received in their cities?

9. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago had a parade in 1998. Can't recall any other significant things like that.

Generally there's a white house visit *yawn*