Spanish Super Cup

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by danielmak, Aug 17, 2012.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Does ESPN only own Spanish rights to this? I only see the 2 matches listed on ESPN Deportes. Also, why is this Super Cup happening so late this year? Usually the matches occur prior to the season, not during the first 2 weeks.

2. coracaodoporto

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yea its stupid but not as stupid as the 2 La Liga games that take place AFTER the Champions League Final. Final game day is in June!! Also why isn't ESPN2 showing these 2 games?

3. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    ESPN2 has conflicts with Little League Baseball and U.S Open Tennis.

ESPN Deportes ONLY. Announcers Jorge Ramos and Hernan Pereyra will call the matches from a studio in Miami.

4. coracaodoporto

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Ah yes the ratings bonanza that is the Little League World Series. I'm sure more people care about little kids playing ball then El Clasico. Great move ESPN. *rolls eyes*

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes, it may not be the actual game or league on TV, but something much more important. If the check coming in from "Product A" is bigger than the check from "Product B", then "Product A" may take priority, even if the ratings from "Product B" may be better. ESPN may need to take a temporary viewership hit in order to pay some bills.

My other guess is that it could be a part of something larger, such as part of the contract with MLB. For example, I know that NCAA women's volleyball gets on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU because it's part of the same contract between those two parties as the one for NCAA football and basketball.

Besides, this game will be on ESPN Deportes and (most likely) ESPN3. You'll be able to watch it.

6. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Clasico-SuperCopa version-has been confirmed for both ESPN Deportes and ESPN3(Spanish commentary only) on Thursday, 4:25 PM ET. The return fixture, I believe, is at the same time on Wed, the 29th.

7. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Just a note for those in Canada....GOL-TV will have live coverage of El Clasico's 1st leg this Thursday (4:30pm kickoff) and, I'm assuming, the 2nd leg next week - Wednesday.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

8. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    with Juan Arango and George Metellus :D

9. wiswis

wiswis Member

Mar 27, 2004
    ESPN3 website shows it is available in english.

10. coracaodoporto

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    If it wasn't for siestas Spaniards would never tolerate games so late at night that end in the extreme early morning the next day.

11. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that today as well but it was only listed as available in Spanish when I wrote the original post.

12. RedskinUltra4

RedskinUltra4 New Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else having issues with ESPN3? I keep getting "There was an error loading this event."

EDIT: It says 4:25PM ET but I'm hoping I just need to wait until 4:30 to start it up..

13. The_Beautiful_Game

Aug 19, 2012
    Football Paradise
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started at 4:30 and I'm able to watch it without any issues.

14. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I had similar issues at the time but resolved it. I watched the first half only and now are trying to see the replay but have same problem: "unable to load event". Can anyone access the replay on espn3?