Spanish Fans last night

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by IL_IRISH, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simply a Disgrace

2. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    maybe they thought threatened by the english houligans.

3. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Yeah, so 'threatened' that they were forced to make monkey noises and abuse our black players.

You fuçking idiot.

4. Morpheus

Morpheus New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Midlands

Don`t be too harsh on him. Not only is he from Australia but he supports a German Club team!! He must have racism in his blood!!

5. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And your calling me racist?

6. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'm glad that someone has brought them to task for their actions. You sir, are a hero. Might I nominate this for thread of the year? I mean, it's just so relevant, so needed. Just when those dirty spaniards thought that they had gotten away with it, IL_IRISH and Mobile swept in to lay down the law.

Thank you sir. This thread will no doubt affect change among the rascist Spanish posters on BigSoccer.

:rolleyes:

7. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but I suppose you're trying hard and need a bit of encouragement. So well done.

I'd like to ask what your point is but I'm not entirely sure you have one. Just because posters on this site are unlikely to be among those who made monkey noises at black English players means nobody can express their contempt that such an incident occurred?

8. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spanish fans were just like English fans a few years back...

The Football Association has vowed to step up efforts to stamp racism out of the football after losing an appeal against a £28,000 fine imposed following England's game in Sweden.
    The fine was imposed by European football's governing body, UEFA, after a section of England supporters were accused of racially abusing striker Henrik Larsson during the Euro 2000 qualifying match in Stockholm two months ago.

FA lawyers disputed that there had been any racist chanting, but UEFA's appeals body rejected an appeal against the fine following a hearing in Geneva.

A UEFA statement read: "The appeal was rejected following evidence presented by the referee, Pierluigi Collina, and the UEFA delegate at the match, Mattieu Sprengers, stressing that on at least eight occasions during the game English fans had directed racist chants at the Swedish player, Henrik Larsson."

Football Association lawyer Nick Coward said they were "disappointed" by the verdict

9. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    So England were punished. What the FA and the England players are calling for is similar action, or possibly stronger action to be taken. After all, this was done on consecutive nights and happended the last time our u21s were in Spain as well.

10. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Not only that, but the FA, the press and even the UK government are always the first to condemn this kind of behaviour if England fans are guilty of it.

Not only do the Spanish authorities seem to be ignoring the matter, their coach has displayed open racism and shown no comprehension at all that his words were offensive. No wonder the fans think it is acceptable to make monkey noises.

11. Greddy - there is a bigger picture in that if the actions are condemed by a worldwide majority then those who are racist will see how narrow minded they are in the bigger scheme of things. Me post aint goin to change the world for sure but hey it beats challenges the intellectually stimulating post you grace us with !

12. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The year is 2004. I thought the behaviour of the Spanish fans was disgusting. But then when Luis Aragones can clearly get away with using the word N1gger what can you expect? The fact of the matter is IF Sven had used the word N1gger he wouldn’t have a job right now. If Fifa has any sense of decency then they will ban the Spanish national team and all the Spanish teams until they are able to behave in a civilzed manner. It is totally unacceptable in this day and age and it should not be tolerated. The year is 2004 and if the Spanish people and the Spanish authorities are unable to behave respectably they deserve to play no part in world football. There are no excuses for racist behaviour and by allowing the coach to happily use the N word the Spanish authorities and people are sending a very clear signal to the rest of the world.

13. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
  14. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    im spanish - wave my little flag in the air with everyone else - im weird

note:im not spanish

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I understood your point, but Aragones didn't call anyone what you said above - that is in an English epithet which does not have a spanish equivalent.

16. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
  17. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Apologies Aragones actually refered to Henry as a "black sh!t". The Spanish manager thinks that it is acceptable to be a racist; the Spanish players think that it is acceptable; the Spanish football association thinks it is acceptable and the Spanish fans and media naturally feel that racism is ok and acceptable. Somebody really needs to take some serious action here. England lost a football match last night but Spain shamefully lost something more important -- Spain lost their right to be considered a civilised football nation.

18. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Another round of apologies are in order it seems, because he didn't actually say that. But hey, at least it's already less worse than what he supposedly said according to you a post earlier. Moving on up.

"He said nígger.....well ok, he didn't. But he said black shít....what's that, he didn't?..........hmmm, he's still a racist though"

True, it's much more civilised to use violence. :D (this isn't sarcasm, I'm deadly serious)
    Get off your high horse, it's way too easy to fall down, and it hurts like Hell. Plus ¿why the fuçk would somebody still use a horse?

19. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The point is the manager of Spain is a uncivlised racist c unt.
    Spanish players, media and fans are uncivlized racist c unts.
    You are a Spanish football fan and if the cap fits.

Oh ... if you ever have the desire to call someone a N1gger or a black sh1t, go to my hometown Brixton and try it and see how long you live :D

The fact of the matter is that Spain coach Luis Aragones made racist comments about Thierry Henry without any regret or apology. Only in a racist uncivilized country like Spain would that be ok.

20. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Correct, for it to be sarcasm it would have to be witty and/or funny.

21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I see I have to devolve my brain to "moron" to make likewise rebuttals.
    Hey, that was easier than I thought. :D

¿Why the fuçk would I want to go to there? ¿Brixton? What the fuçk indeed. :D

p.s. let me write it once again, because you seemed to have missed it, or more likely judging by the level of intelligence shown, forgotten it already

5 to 1 says you will still insist that he did say either of those things in your next post.

22. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so the coach didn't say it and the fans didn't make monkey chants. Ok, fine. You are one deluded motherfu cker

Television microphones picked up Aragones comments referring to Henry. FIFA is opening a file on the incident. The French national squad are now asking for action to be taken against Aragones. But it never happened right?

23. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Indeed to the first, reading is fun for the second...as in, read before responding, because the only motherfuçker (actually, dumbass would be more appropiate) is the one who implies somebody wrote something when he did no such thing. Hey, that's the same thing you're doing with Aragones, writing he said things he never did. I sense a pattern. :D

24. Ale Nesta

Ale Nesta New Member

Oct 27, 2001
    This is all so funny to me. I mean in the 70's and 80's it was the white english people and now its coloured people (the spanish) taunting other coloured people (the blacks). What is happening to this world.

I mean it gets funnier, the greeks and iranians are doing it now with ther nazi taunts, hehe.

The reason why no one cares about the spanish taunting the black players is cos the spanish are not white. When the english do it its deemed racist cos theyre white.

The fact of the matter is that the northerners (north europe) are not racist anymore where as the southerners (meditteranean countries) are getting racist.

25. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't think it's funny at all. It's so wrong and needs to be met with, head-on, by FIFA.