Spain v England [R]

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by gazzad_5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    will be an interesting match, i feel both teams have pretty much equal ability, it all depends how each manager rotates his team!

2. Gonzalo

Gonzalo New Member

May 15, 2000
    London (UK)
    I think England is the more settled team - still, I don't know if Eriksson is going to make wholesale changes, given that this is a friendly. Does anyone know how many substitutes will be allowed in this game? I thought FIFA rules had been changed to limit the number, but don't know if it's come into effect yet.

rmnews.blogspot.com

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Not sure who's getting the nod for England yet. Looks like Spain is going with these guys. Any reason why Valeron wasn't included? And Baraja?

Casillas (Real Madrid CF), Cañizares (Valencia CF), Puyol (FC Barcelona), Salgado (Real Madrid CF), Del Horno (Athletic Club Bilbao), Helguera (Real Madrid CF), Marchena (Valencia CF), Romero (RC Deportivo La Coruña), Pablo (Club Atlético de Madrid), Xavi (FC Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool FC), Angulo (Valencia CF), Guti (Real Madrid CF), Joaquín (Real Betis Balompié), Raúl (Real Madrid CF), Torres (Club Atlético de Madrid), Luque (RC Deportivo La Coruña), Reyes (Arsenal FC).

4. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia
    Interesting to see Guti replacing Baraja, i've always wanted to see others given a chance in his position. But Angulo for Vicente? Talk about a major backward step. Yeste should be in the squad without question. He might have even had a shout to start the game. Typically strange selection policy from a Spain coach in this area. But at least the rest have strong claims to be there.

5. BBMAK_21

BBMAK_21 New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    UK
    They CAN'T Beat England !!! :cool:

In The Dreams !!! :D :cool:

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    I'd like to see this...

Raul Reyes
    Luque Xabi Alonso Xavi Joaquin
    Del Horno Marchena Puyol Salgado
    Casillas​

But I have a feeling Aragones is going to give a nod to Guti, the game being in the Bernabeu and all.

7. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    anyone know if this game is available on ppv?

8. jpatel1508

jpatel1508 New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    It's on channel 840 on Dish Network.
    The channel name is called TvEi

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I agree.

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Salgado: my debt to Margate

The first football kit he was ever given was a Luton Town shirt, he beams proudly as he reveals that his sister-in-law is from York and he honed his skills on Margate beach.

Tomorrow night he will run out at the Santiago Bernabéu, relishing the prospect of a stadium full of Englishmen. And yet he will be wearing red and yellow, not the white of England. The Real Madrid and Spain right-back Michel Salgado certainly is an unusual footballer: the most anglicised of Spaniards, fluent in English, an avid viewer of the Premiership and a genuine friend to David Beckham.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1352248,00.html

11. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    The game has just begun...

12. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    1-0 Spain in the 13th minute...

13. se7en

se7en New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    i just watch the end of 1st half (im watching ecuador-brasil), damn whats wrong with this ashley cole? so violent, i think he deserved a red! just look at what he did to torres, then salgado, lastly raul..

14. womble

womble New Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Brighton
    Probably pissed off at disgraceful racist abuse from some of the Spanish scum 'supporters'.

15. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    You know who deserves a red? the people in the crowd who are making monkey noises at the black players. It's a disgrace and it's a black mark on spanish football. If I were FIFA I would make Spain play their next world cup qualifier at home in an empty stadium so people get the message.

16. womble

womble New Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Brighton
    Too right.

17. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    Spanish announcers are criticizing the behavior of those idiots, sayng that they can't believe this is going on in this day and age.

As a fan of Spain I can say that thatscum deserve to get thrown so far out of the stadium and an ass kicking like they never recieved before.

18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Im watching the game on TVEi, and the announcers here have ignored the crowd chants completely. Must be a different broadcast from yours?

19. depor15

depor15 Member

Jun 28, 1999
    Randy,

Yes mine is through Marca Radio

20. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I knew they were racist in spain but I never thought it was this bad.

21. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    well we shouldn't paint a broad stroke like that on Spain, but it was a large enough chunk were pathetic. Fifa needs to nip this in the bud immediately. There is no place for this kind of behaviour in society much less a Football match. Like I suggested before. I think their next home qualifier should be behind closed doors. If it continues then the next 2 and so on.

22. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well credit to the Marca announcers then...

The TVEi announcers are still stroking themselves about how "great" Spain played. Maybe they were the ones making the chants...

What can you guys say about racism in la Liga? Is it prevalent? Maybe it's me but I never really noticed a racial issue in Spanish soccer...

23. se7en

se7en New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    so thats what happen. i didnt know becoz i only see that part which i posted, i havent even see the goal. strange tho becoz this is just a friendly match.

24. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Glad to hear it!

25. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's too bad these mother-*** had to overshadow todays match. I didn't watch the game and am kind of glad I didn't. I remember about 1 year ago I think, that the Catalan national team were playing Brazil and some fans were burning the Spanish national flag. I couldn't believe it. I for one do not want Spain to play in an empty stadium but if the LFP doesn't submit a formal apology or try and find out who these creeps were maybe Spain should play behind closed doors.