Spain-Italy Quarterfinal Euro 2008 [R]

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by Pichi, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit-182

Pit-182 New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Modena, Italy
    Germany- Turkey
    Spain- Russia

Let's see... Turkey will try something but can't do anything with all those players out and Germany with these kind of team can be good... so Germany wins

If Russia win against Spain, Germany will win 100% the euros... if Spain win maybe there may be some surprise at the end... but no I think that even at that point Germany will win.

If Turkey will win (but the probability is minimal) against Germany the winner of the euro will be Russia/Spain.

PS To all the italians/ italy supporters: FNU was right. Please, for the future, don't do any prediction for an Italy's game :p

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If Turkey wins, I'd lose $150. And dance in glee.

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Every one with an Italian flag avatar says that. It's 2008, kiddo. Must I really point out people predicting Spain would advance before the match?

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I though that both defenses shut down the opposing strikers not allowing them any clear lanes into the box. Spain's defenders except for one or two plays kept Luca Toni and the rest of the Italians out of the box with very few scoring chances. The same could be said for the Italians, once Spain got into the box they had no room to maneuver and had to push the ball out the box again looking for some space that was never there for them to take advantage of. That is why most of Spain's shots were taken outside the box and were not too accurate.

It was obvious at the 30 minute mark that this game was either going to be a 1-0 match with the lone score coming on a mistake or a 0-0 with PK's deciding the match.

Aupa Espanha y Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!!

La Furia Roja!!!

Er Pichi

5. Pit-182

Pit-182 New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Modena, Italy
    Check yuor humorism dude.

Smiles are here for this reason, and it isn't a case if I used this: :p

6. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If germany wins I will celebrate with the turks. They fought hard and deserve a little bit of respect. Lets not forget this is about football and less about patriotism and revengism.

In the end this failure of Italy will do more good than harm. It will motivate to rejuvinate their team and maybe rethink their general defensive strategy.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    hehe Wasn't so much about you. You guys all have the same avatar so I get confused.

8. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    [​IMG]

lolololololooooo, que vivaaaa Españaaa!

9. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a ************ game. Congrats Spain and ******** DONADONI.

10. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Congratulations Spain. Glad to see Italy out.

11. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    I love how you can see Buffon there. If he were a bastard like the rest of his mates, I might enjoy it more, but sick gif none the less.

12. The Natural

The Natural New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Donadoni take your catenaccio with you and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

13. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here is the audio of the PK's from Cadena SER:

http://www.as.com/audios/20080622csrcsrdep_8/Aes

It's a little long but worth it, especially for all of us old timers who have had to endure all those disappointments on 22 June!!

Aupa Espanha y Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!!

La Furia Roja!!!

Er Pichi

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lol at them praying before the penalties :D

15. Matto_per_calcio

Matto_per_calcio New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    As an Italian fan I was dissapointed in Italy's performance throughout the tourney.

As for the game today Spain vs Italy ... I didn't think Spain was that impressive, Italy's defence was amazing, and to all the 'anti-football' people out there, please understand that defence an important part of the game and nothing to be scoffed at. The ranting about about betrays a lack of knowledge of real football IMO.

We had many key players out of the picture, we had no real attack, where was Toni? Even more, where was his support? Del Piero subbed in much too late. I think Donadoni must go. Cassano was trying, but Italy should have pushed more. I've seen throughout these games that Italy must run and push harder on the counter if this any hope to really win.

Game was a draw ... Spain did not win, but advance due to penalty shootout score.

I believe Spain will not win the Euro Cup, I bet on Germany to win it.

BTW .. Italian fans here especially have shown plenty of class about the results but on the contrary I've been reading lots of nasty comments against Italy's national team. Sounds more like immature garbage to me. Just be happy you won and enjoy the reat of the Euro Cup games.

16. UEFA2008

UEFA2008 Red Card

Jun 21, 2008
    Thank you, Spain for getting rid of Italy. Now we have 4 teams in the semifinals who are willing to attack.

So long catennaccio...

So long boring, defensive football...

So long divers, cheaters, and such...

So long Italia and have a good trip back to Roma!:)

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good post.

18. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lol :D Sure feels like we won.

19. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    except your defeat as a man does.

This is why so many people hate Italy's style, if England played their way I wouldnt watch them, yet Italians love it.

Disgusting:mad:

20. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Didn't Italy win a WC on PKs a couple years ago? LOL :D

21. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006

Your wrong it was a draw, italy were given the cup for some reason tho:confused:;)

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Apparently nobody won that WC and the cup itself is still in Germany somewhere.

23. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Whoa whoa whoa

Italians being sensitive, huh?

First off, hey, we know Italy is still superior to England and Spain history-wise.

Two, Italy does deserve some hate:

They won the 1934 WC because it was fixed by Mussolini. plain and simple, Italy needed "help" to beat Spain and Cezchoslovaquia. All historic accounts point to it.

Italy plays the most boring brand of soccer. Italy can win a WC without even shooting at goal all tournament. Not possible? 1-0 on an own-goal in a 1st round game, two 1st round 0-0s and PKs all the way. They can do it.

Italy won in 1994 against Spain because Tassotti's punch on Luis Enrique INSIDE THE PK AREA went uncalled (that wasn't Gene Simmons blood on LE). That would have been 2-2. Tassotti got 9 games suspension and FIFA acknowledged the f-up.

What Italy y'all thought you'd win ALWAYS?

So easy. Stop being sensitive and take the heat.

24. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he just did. And the Spanish fans and Italy haters need to stop gloating.

25. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hey Oscar what are the folks in the Netherlands saying about yesterdays loss to Russia?

Aupa Espanha y Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

La Furia Roja!!

Er Pichi