southern community - who is who

Discussion in 'Italy: Southern Clubs' started by sportfriend, Dec 3, 2006.

1. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
  2. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    i'm just going to steal your format and tweak it a lil

name: Dan (moms maiden name Castricone)
    team: Reggina because of my roots in Reggio
    school i recently graduated from Ohio University, studied geography
    music: Mostly punk, ska. Some electronic, dance, new wave. Favorite aritists include Less Than Jake (Gainesville, FL) and The Sounds (Helsingborg, Sweden)
    interests: calcio, college football, music, geography/GIS, italy, scandinavia, xbox 360
    Other Teams: I support Ohio State football/basketball and Columbus Blue Jacket hockey

pics:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/coquettishhaberdasher/me/nakame.jpg
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/image.php?u=47371&dateline=1152990408&type=profile

3. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    nice to meet ya bro haha, where'd you get the Forza Reggina flag???

i really need to get a flag and a scarf... :D

4. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
  5. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    thanks bro!!! the flag site is amazing :D

6. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

do you happen to know a Peter Buffone.. son of Veni and Dominic Buffone

7. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    do they live in Cambridge??? because they'd probably be related...it actually sounds familiar hahaha

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Name:Vito Doria
    Family Origins: My dad comes from San Vito sullo Ionio, in Catanzaro province. My mum is from the Phillipines though.
    Team:Juve (my dad supports them so I support them). I also like Sampdoria because of my surname and if any Calabrese team is in the Serie A, I hope they do the region proud. That's why I post on the Reggina forum.
    School:RMIT University - City Campus (studying Civil Engineering)
    Music:U2, Ramones, Joe Satriani, Sonic Youth
    Interests:Calcio, music, history, Formula One, AFL and comedy.
    Hobbies:Watching DVDs, playing soccer.

9. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    i think it's time to convert you to a full Reggina boy :p

10. Golazco

Golazco New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    chicago
    Name:CJ
    Family Origins: Dads side from Calabria, not sure of specific area.
    Team:Reggina but also have soft spot for Roma.
    School:High school in Illinois
    Music:rap, R&B, the fray
    Interests:Calcio, fashion, calcio.
    Hobbies:Watching futbol, playing futbol, partying! trying to learn subbuteo also

11. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    good to see other people who support their herritage.

down with glory hunters! :D

12. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    Forza Reggina e Viva Calabria! :eek:

[​IMG]

13. RegginaAmaranto

RegginaAmaranto New Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Melbourne Australia
    ok, i guess its my turn huh.

NAME: Giuseppe, everyone calls me Joe though

TEAM: Reggina

ORIGINS: born in Laureana Di Borrello, just north of Reggio Calabria, my family moved to Melbourne Australia when i was still very young.

MUSIC: Rock, punk, metal, anything guitar driven basically... i get into abit of screamo as well .... as a teenager, i was heavily into the rave scene, i still love hardcore techno and acid trance, but im all about rock

INTERESTS: Reggina is my primary interest, ive often said, 97% of my love goes to Reggina, 2% to la nazionale and the remainder 1% goes to my loved ones.... dont think my future wife will be too happy to hear about that one.

if ya wanna see what i look like, ive got a picture on my profile

14. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    that flag in the background is the same one that my jersey guy sent me for free. nice to see you're wearin the 06-07 nera shirt, despite your size issues! hah

15. RegginaAmaranto

Dec 24, 2006
    Melbourne Australia
    hahaha, well like i said, it isnt THAT big, but its noticably big :p ... ah yes, my flag, one of many, and my scarfe around my head, one of many also

16. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    nice to meet ya mate.

and i understand how you feel...Most of my life is commited to my 2 teams SCF and Reggina...Overall SC Freiburg is my number one team, But Reggina doesn't fall too far behind...Many people tell me they pity my girlfriends because they have to compete with my sport.

plus i always say, i'll never find a girl like my teams :p

P:S i am now 18...

17. Uruguay16

Uruguay16 New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    hey fellas,
    my grandfather was born in Reggio Calabria (Rinaldis), he moved to Uruguay when he was 18, he was a big fan of Reggio and Napoli, to tell u the truth im not a big follower of Reggina but everytime i watch calcio i want them to do good

has reggina ever had any uruguayan players?

18. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    nice to see ya mate! :cool:

i guess it's time to make you a true blooded Amaranto! :p
    and i'm afraid i'm not sure if Reggina has ever had any Uraguyan players....Wait for "RegginaAmaranto" or "forzareggina" to respond, because they'll know more than me

19. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    hm not that i know of. paredes was paraguayan
    but uruguay is one of my favorite south american countries. montevideo is definitely my favorite capital ; )

20. RegginaAmaranto

Dec 24, 2006
    Melbourne Australia
    hahaha it was great when australia went to montevideo and all the Uruguayan fans spat on em! haha that was during the 2002 world cup quallifiers

but no, i dont know of any Uruguayans ever playing for Reggina.... dont feel disheartened though, we're not exactly a rich team, hence the reason why a huge bulk of the squad are home grown........... we had a few international players during our dragon season though, with Boudianski, Esteves, Khoris, Leon (both of which were loaned out), Mozart, Nakamura, Paredes and Zeytulaev......... but that season we lashed out big money on players, only to be kicked in the guts by the money, or lack there of, later on.......... but nah, definatly no Uruguayans in the past 10 years to my memory

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No but Cagliari has had tons.

22. Uruguay16

Uruguay16 New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    i guess it's time to make you a true blooded Amaranto

thanks, it would make my gramps proud to learn that, he was very proud of his heritage, so its nice to relate to a team from where he was born and raised

hahaha it was great when australia went to montevideo and all the Uruguayan fans spat on em! haha that was during the 2002 world cup quallifiers

yeah that 02 qualifier was crazy, it got pretty bad, u guys got back at us and had a great celebration last time around, that was the most frustrating game i have ever watched in my life, to tell u i saw that game standing up the whole time lol, now I laugh but i wanted to kill somebody that day when we missed those penalties, but thats how the game goes and i was really impressed with Australia they play hard and at the same time some of their players are very skillfull.

but uruguay is one of my favorite south american countries. montevideo is definitely my favorite capital ; )

thanks for the compliment man, Montevideo is chill, very laid back city, i read a british sports article once that described it as a huge soccer field with houses around it, thats how much they play there, its a way of life, and u guys would feel at home there, most of the people there are decendents of Italian immigrants, so beleive it or not, our cultures are very very similar, even the way we speak spanish, sometimes its confused w/ italian.

23. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    latest update from me!

[​IMG]

(thats beer...)

[​IMG]

24. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    now my university ultras group (with BOYS REGGIO scarf) :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. william6

william6 Member

Jan 5, 2011
    naples
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    why is there so many reggina supporters in melbourne and no napoli supporters in melbourne?