Southend united

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Riggins56, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    [​IMG]
    Southend United progressed to the final of the Essex Senior Cup last night against the Heybridge Swifts.

Matt Harold was made captain for the night scoring 2 goals and what looked like the winning goal coming from Charles Ademeno.

But the game had to go to penalties and Southend United coming out 4-3 winners in the end.

2. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    [​IMG]
    Alan McCormack and Nicky Bailey celebrate their goals as southend get back on track with a 2-1 win at home to Hartlepool yesterday.

Hartlepool scored early in the first half, the shrimpers came close many times but could not equalize, the second half however was a completely different story Alan MacCormack struck home the equalizer and Nicky Bailey netted a cheeky little free kick after a Pool player was sent off after he was judged to have elbowed Lee Barnard in the face.

Well done the BLUES.
    Next up MILLWALL away Tuesday 02/12/08.:D

3. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    [​IMG]
    If Steve Tilson wins tonight it will be his 100th win in charge of the Blues.

Leading the way in the 100 club are: Ted Bernie (216), Harry Warren (188), Dave Smith (147), David Webb (124) and Arthur Rowley(112).:D

4. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    Sadly it wasn't to be for Tilly going down 2-1 to Millwall was a bitter pill to swallow, "we played absolutely rubbish football tonight and with Damian Schannell serving an automatic three match ban, we need to make some big improvements if we want to finish where we want to be at the end of the season." :cool:

5. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    [​IMG]
    Lee Barnard and new signing James(Eddie Murphy) Walker, above, helped Steve Tilson to his 100th win as manager beating Bournemouth 2-1 at Roots Hall.

This win takes Southend to 8th in the Coca Cola league one table and just 2 points shy of the playoffs.:D

6. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    Southend travel to Yeovil Town on Saturday 02/23/08.
    Lets hope we can carry on our good fortune.:D

7. CobblerFan

CobblerFan New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    I see Southend beat Bournemouth, they did good. Sometimes bournemouth can look dangerous. I'm a Northampton Town supporter and we thrashed Gillingham on Saturday 4-0.

8. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    Yeah we've had many a fine battle with the Cobblers, welcome to my thread and well done, 4-0 must have been a great day out?:D:D

9. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    [​IMG]
    Southend United beat Yeovil Town 3-0 on Saturday 02/23/08, goals coming from Lee Barnard (above) 20mins, Peter Clark 34mins and Mark Gower 64mins.

Steve Tilson said after the game "this was one of the best performances from the lads i've seen in a long time, very clinical.":D

This performance puts SUFC 7th in the table just 2 points off the playoffs.

Next up Cheltenham away Friday 02/29/08.

10. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
  11. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
  12. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    [​IMG]
    Another great result puts Southend 4th in Coca- Cola League 1 beating Walsal 1-0.

13. Riggins56

Riggins56 New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Essex UK.
    Another great result against Crew Alexander at the weekend beating them 3-1 helped to consolidate Southends bid for the playoffs.:D:D

14. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So what do you think of our former charge Lee Barnard. Glad we could be of help to you guys!

15. The Englishman

The Englishman New Member

May 12, 2008
    Panama City Beach
    Ohhh! A Shrimpers thread!

I'm from Southend, had a season ticket from '99-'01 and my grandad still has his seat. Nice to see the photos and updates.

Shame to hear about Kevin Maher, I always liked the fella, gave his all, earned every single yellow card and he was good for a chat after the game.

When will the stadium be up and running?

16. Barrovianhordes

Jul 5, 2008
    LEANDER TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice win over Leeds at the weekend.:D