Southend-Luton-Westham England!

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Footstomper, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was shocked watching Southend playing Luton tonight, How many foreign players were in their teams. A croatian, australian, ukranian dane etc. I have nothing against foreign players , but if these people are earning a living at such a low level in the game how are we going to develop English talent? Are we going to go the way of Scoltand, who have used so many foreign players over the years that there is no home grown talent? Are there no incompetent English players who could be playing at this level? I fear for the future of our national team.

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are all those countries that you lasted EU countries? If not, how do they get work permits to play. There are lots of guys in MLS that would kill for a move to England but cannot because of work permit issues.

3. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mostly but not all of them. I admit i asked myself the same question about work permits. I can only presume that they either nearly made international grade and were nearly signed by premietrship teams, or they were smuggled over by Mexican professionals.
    As for MLS players; be serious!

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said England, not the EPL. Eurosnob! :)

5. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry, I hadnt regained my humanity with a cup of coffee. It was very early in the morning! Are DC going to win tomorrow?

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every country is going through these problems. Germany is going to drop the limit of foreign players (None European - everyone is European now) from 6 to 4, then to 3. Italy has already done so, Netherlands says you can have as many as you want, but you have to pay them a minimum of €400,000 a season.

Scotland...well they don't have enough talent to fill two teams, much less a league.