South Jersey Viewing Party Coordination Thread

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by soccercw888, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Because it is westmont:D haddonfield is dry and it sounds fancier

2. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    You comin Jess?

3. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    It's five minutes from my house, of course

4. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Big thanks to mike for getting this setup. Great food great turnout for a late game great prices. Only thing that makes the night better is a win for the u and Kelly mcgilis actually getting through the window.

5. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    aside from the inept bartender that made me wait a full half hour for a drink, I had a good time. Once this place is open longer than 2 weeks, i'd be glad to come back. Plus, can't beat that its walking distance from my house.

6. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

Thats shitty...I think they are still trying to figure out who needs to stay and go with the new staff there. On the complete other side of the spectrum, the server that was handling the tables near the front door windows was friggin awesome. She keps separate tabs for everyone and aside from being a little over worked with customers, she was very polite and prompt with things.

We need a place for this Saturday's 8:30 game, and PJ's wont have us at the back bar with sound due to how close it is to the 10pm band playing. Ed gave us an open invite for whenever we want to come. Should we go back Saturday? Should we even have a party Saturday due to the proximity of last night, Wed night, then Sat night?

7. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why not? I'd give it another go. Also just a note, as I was walking back to my car, the PJ's there listed as a Pub Partner actually was showing the game/postgame.

8. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The manager of the bar basically laughed at me when I said we had 178+ at Cherry Hill and needed their much smaller back bar to ourselves for the Salt Lake game. They can enjoy the 4 people they have show up there as a "Pub Partner". He could have cared less how many people I said I would bring, he refuses to give us any part of his bar for ourselves or let us use our PA system for giveaways.

9. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha! what a shit!

I was never a fan of any PJ's as it is, but appreciate the cooperation and partnership with the CH one. Irish Mile has me on beer selection. The Ithaca Apricot Wheat was to die for.

10. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    BIG week for the Union coming up! There's Wednesday's home match against the Galaxy and a big away game only a few days after in Texas. Come out with the ever growing South Jersey Sons of Ben to watch the Union take on FC Dallas at the Irish Mile in Westmont NJ on Saturday the 14th. The Irish Mile is a new bar at 350 Haddon Ave in Westmont, just outside Haddonfield. Make sure you arrive by 8pm for the 8:30 kick off! Our viewing party there last Friday was a HUGE success and the owner, Ed, is thrilled to have us back. Enjoy our SOB $3 Guinness special along with $2.75 Yuengling and $2 Bud Light. The tap list is fantastic featuring almost 20 beers from Shiner Bock and Victory to Leffe and a delicious Ithaca Apricot Wheat. The bar also features some killer signature roast beef, roast pork, and prime rib sandwiches!

The bar is just over a week old now and is still working out some small kinks, but all that came Friday had a blast despite a 1-0 result. We also had a suprise drunken visit from Kelly McGillis (Top Gun) who apparently is a regular there. Ed asked me to make this into the first "Sons of Ben Bar" and I'll start building our own SOB/Union wall this week with merchandise. If anyone has any donations (scarves, flags, etc) or would like to help make some signs for the wall please email me at soccercw@hotmail.com or message me on FB. We had over 50 turn out last week so lets get the word out and pack the place Saturday night! C'mon the U!

Heres the facebook party page
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=207565409283187

-Mike

11. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all for making it the SoB bar in South Jersey. All problems aside from Friday, making this the new spot for myself and my roommates.

12. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Big game tm night, let's turn out.

13. weeszel

weeszel Member

Feb 3, 2010
    sec 139
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    memorial day weekend ... owens pub for union/champions final ... any suggestions for beach sob hangout this summer at least owen's showed all the games last summer

14. DCrusader04

DCrusader04 New Member

Apr 6, 2010
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ill be down in wildwood this weekend and most of the summer. (girlfriend's parents bought a place in anglesea) im not sure if i get get over to owens because we have some painting to do this weekend. If i do ill have a sob shirt or scarf on.

15. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    We are not having a max effort event this Saturday at the Irish Mile due to the time and holiday weekend. The bar will still have the game on so feel free to turn out if you wish! Ed will still give the $3 Guinness to those in Union gear

16. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Come out with the South Jersey Sons of Ben to watch the Union take on the Colorado Rapids this Saturday night. We will again be meeting at our new home, The Irish Mile, on 300 Haddon Ave in Westmont NJ. Enjoy our unique SOB $3 Guinness special along with $2.75 Yuengling and $2 Bud Light drafts! Make sure you wear Union gear to get the specials. We will have wristbands for those in your group that do not have any Union wear (look for Joe Rad to get them as I will not be able to make it this weekend). Kick off is at 9pm so make sure you're early to get a good spot. C'mon the U!

-Mike

Please join and invite to our facebook event page
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205611562807325

17. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a heads up to get there pretty early. On my way home i noticed a banner over the street saying that Saturday is "Haddon Pub Day" or something like that. Might pack a bunch of places in.

18. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yea its an afternoon thing though, should be over by 7 Ed said. If you dont have plans that afternoon they will have some pretty cool beer specials and a popular folk singer from Ireland

19. sober_Irishman

sober_Irishman New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually ought to be able to make this one.

20. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Roast beef and hot wings ftw!

21. sober_Irishman

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think they'll play the USA match?

22. billycol73

billycol73 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Section 140 row B
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone in the Wildwoods heading to Owen's tonight?

23. sober_Irishman

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like PJ's better :(

24. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

Yea except for the fact they cant have us any Friday or Saturday night

25. weeszel

weeszel Member

Feb 3, 2010
    sec 139
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not this week,you know last week( toronto/champions final) had to stop in good night irene's (the old poplar cafe , on poplar and pacific ) during the champ final before i got to owens, it was a real soccer bar, people in man u and barca jerseys ,in the bar the game was on with the volume on, i was surprised and a couple of people in the bar told me it was that way during the world cup last year too, then i went to owens and there were maybe 5 people in the bar watching the game with the volume turned down ,maybe because it was in the afternoon but i may have to see what a night union game is like at irene's soon to see if its better this summer