South/Central American dream team

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by RobB, Sep 17, 2003.

1. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    If you could pick a team of players currently playing in the leagues of South and Central America who would you choose? I hear of players like Diego and Robinho what are they like? Don`t include those in Europe like Veron or Crespo.

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I cant think of a dream team that would include a central american player.

I feel confident that even a "C" team from South America would have little problems defeating the top players of central america.

3. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think he was talking about South American players that play either in Central America (i.e. Mexico) or South America of course. Cause he mentions not to include Veron or Crespo who play in Europe but are South AMericans.

4. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I was going to say South America but didn`t know if there were any Costa Ricans or others playing in a stronger nations league like Argentina. Make it all of the Americas; US, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia. The best eleven, from best Goalkeeper to best Striker.

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    too many players to choose from!

for concacaf all times team visit our own forum about concacaf (several threads about that)

from south america is a different story....

narrow down your quest, rob

6. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i find robinho to be very overrated, i would much rather have carlitos tevez. i think the list would have to include

kaka (yes, i know he's at milan now)
    tevez
    alex

man, i can't think right now...

7. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I should have stayed with South America only, Ceaser Delgado for example plays in Mexico, and is a highly rated young player, maybe the type Pibe#10 was thinking of, so I broadened the choice but yes, there are too many players to consider, although I think I could name a European 11, and that would be from a very large choice of players.
    So just from South America, or should I write Sudamerica. And maybe just name one or two players, one position I would be interested in is left-back, and who is the best striker there at the moment would you say?

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    teves
    diego
    alex

are 3 names that have to be on the team

9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member