PBP: Sounders @ Rapids • Weds., Sept. 20 • 7:30pm • Apple TV

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Sep 19, 2023.

1. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    After a bit of a break before Sat's match the Rapids are now back into some fixture congestion. With a S-W-S-W-S-W-S schedule including last Saturday. Obviously this will mean some squad rotation and 5 subs in this game and beyond.

Like NE, the Sounders are in a playoff position but need to keep accumulating points to solidify. They are coming off a pair of draws with Portland and Dallas.

I'm looking forward to seeing Navarro in person and hopefully an aggressive and confident Rapids side.

2. rapidsmarc

rapidsmarc Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Nov 20, 2019
    Will the hard work and actual scoring of goals against NE continue against the Sounders? Have we heard anything about Tavares' condition? Can Harris build on his performance? Can someone please give Navaro service to score in the box? I am, for the first time in a very long time, really looking forward to a Rapids game.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COMtnGuy repped this.
  4. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I can’t make this one.

5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Link to availability for this match. Tavares is good to go it appears.

For some reason I am not able to imbed tweets.

6. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it something new with Formerly known as twitter (Now run by nut bags)

unkiemark repped this.
  7. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My try at linking

8. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    @JasonMa (or anyone else), besides a screen shot, is there a workaround?

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its working for me so I don't know why its not working for everyone

10. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all going down the Xitter.

AlbertCamus and COMtnGuy repped this.
  11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  12. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    At least there was goals.

13. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    You know it’s a rough night for player form when Luis Diaz has more impact in his first game at Altitude than your $1mil DP Winger, and Tavares makes Priso look like Sergio Busquets.

Poor. Poor. Poor. At least Bassett seemed to care all game. More than what can be said for most of the team until the subs came on.

14. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New England was a fluke because of their off-field turmoil. They would've beaten us otherwise. This game far more representative of where this team is at. Coaching doesn't fix this. It's been said a million times, but there simply aren't enough good pieces to this roster. This isn't fixed without massive turnover.

Special mention for Cabral hard-quitting on a run when he had a ton of space down the wing. Gutman played the ball to where Cabral sould have been. I truly hope I never see Kevin Cabral play another minute in MLS again. It's one thing to be talentless, and it's another to be lazy. He is both.

15. rapidsmarc

rapidsmarc Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Nov 20, 2019
    I have tried to stay positive, but the first half last night was dreadful. No energy, no apparent plan going forward; if we won even one second ball, I must have missed it. As Quinn pointed out, Cabral was an embarassment. Tavares, perhaps coming off the mysterious health situation on Saturday, was a hindrance. Rosenberry was beaten consistently; he's been a real favorite and such a hard worker these past few years, but he seems to have lost a step or two. Gutman continues to work hard, but he became increasingly frustrated as the game wore on. For the first time in almost 20 years as a season ticket holder, I left a game early. After Rusnak's goal in the 56th minute, I couldn't take anymore. As I was driving home, I realized that with the possible exception of Maxso, Gutman, and Bassett (at least when he plays with the intensity of the last 2 games) there is not another Rapids' player who would start for other MLS teams. We are going to need that paddle because there will need to be a lot of paddling upstream against the rapids if the Rapids ever hope to turn this around.

unkiemark, JasonMa, COMtnGuy and 2 others repped this.
  16. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    It's what happens when you only shop for castoffs from other teams. Especially when you shop for MLS team's castoffs.

It's one thing to get a guy who's fallen out of form or the managers good graces in a tougher team in a tougher league.

But it's another thing entirely when your starting XI is made up of players other teams deemed 'surplus.'

Speaking of 'surplus' - isn't it great to see Anthony Markanich (who was deemed surplus by Padraig et al) starting and doing rather well for Western Conference leaders St. Louis?

rapidsmarc, JasonMa and COMtnGuy repped this.
  17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richard Fleming is pounding on the Markanich thing too, but come on. Gutman is better in every way than Markanich was. And at 26 its not like we'll need to replace him soon. We desperately needed a LB after the Esteves and Gersbach failures and Markanich didn't step up and win the spot. That's the one good move Smith has made in the last year, there are bigger failures to focus on.

TheWarmBurger and COMtnGuy repped this.