Sounders in EA Sports FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by scott47a, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Bonesaw

Bonesaw New Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is my experiance that the platform games tend to be ALOOOOT better than handheld games. and the wii, i detest wii sports games (the party games like bowling and golf are legit though).

2. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It reminds a lot of playing 05 on a Game Cube. It probably is nowhere near the quality of the 360 or PS3 releases. If you are looking for something to occupy your time on the bus to work, or some similar journey this will definitely do it. There is of course only so much that can be done on such a small platform, I am not sorry to have spent the 30 on this, but then again the only next gen in my house is my sons Wii, and the PC version is an import that apparently sucks badly.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I dont really like the new one that much. I dont like the manager mode, I liked being able to build up my players and its very hard to do.

1st year I was with Seattle and we won everything, then went to Cardiff City (2nd div england) and brought Freddy with me :) and was promoted to 1st div and finished in UEFA spots. Each time Montero was the top striker in the league and he only went from a 74 to a 77.....

Kind of lame because almost none of my guys went up much and when you get to the prem league you basically have to drop all your players, and run to free transfers who dont want to be on my team even when Im in UEFA and like 3rd place in England which is BS.

4. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you really play all of those games already? Or do you simulate a lot?

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    simmed alot :)

I wanted to be in the prem league, and work my way up as a manager

6. TheOtherBrent

TheOtherBrent Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I wanna know is why Lamar Neagle, Steve Zakuani, and Sanna Nyassi all essentially have the same stats.

And poor Roger is a 57, haha.

7. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Racism clearly.

I do feel bad for Roger. Apparently EA thinks he's the worst player on the Sounders.

8. Bonesaw

Bonesaw New Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats same with me, exept I sim like half of my games. Its BS how no one will ever join your team. Even when you offer them a boatload of money, you have 3 other people that play their position, and they are 7 better than your best person. Then they delcine because they are worried about "playing time".

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    exactly manager mode sucks in this fifa, 09s was better and I liked 08 trash talk that tehy took out as well as team chemistry ?? I dont get it

Seatle has the highest rated team along with LA. I think its werid how the players stats drop down alot from the 1 DP per team to the other players. Conor Casey stats are laughable he is a 66 I think.

I dont buy players I just scout and get players who are 10x better than the ones already on my team.

I wish that you could promote players from youth divisions. The assistant coach should be like here are certain players you should promote to 1st team at the start of every season.

10. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damned Whitecaps fans doing all of the data entry up there in B.C.!

11. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Damned Whitecaps fans doing all of the data entry up there in B.C.!

Given how many of the programmers at EA are imports, I suspect it may be a programmer from Portland who pulled this little trick. :)

I still don't have the game but will buy it on the weekend and finally give it a go, it bothers me people are reporting that manager mode is worse than it was in '09.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its really bad

also I just found out u can go to player edit and change each players ratings....

so you can have all your players at 99 if u really wanted to

13. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yeah, that's standard now, you can adjust any player in just about any sports game.

I usually leave stats alone, except I build one "fictional" player and give him good raw stats for his first year, then sign him to the longest contract the game allows.

For the Sounders, a tall striker with great heading skills will probably be my "sculpted player. I'll then send the Sounders into the Pacifica cup with teams from USA, Mexico, Australia and Japan. I'll put the Sounders in the same group stage division as Club America and I will fume if I lose that game. :)

Great era to be alive as a soccer fan though, where a video game can provide that kind of an experience.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    there isnt a pacific cup in this game

15. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a build a tournament mode? If so, that's what Westie is talking about.

16. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yeah you can build your own tournaments (at least you could in previous versions), you can design the bracket, have a group stage, pick the teams - this is generally my favorite way to play.

Japanese teams and MLS teams are fairly even in quality. Mexican teams are a step-up and most of the Australian teams are lower quality, so it sort of balances out. I'd expand to teams in Costa Rica and Honduras, but those teams are rarely available.

17. Main Man

Main Man Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish you hadn't mentioned that you can change player ratings. Being able to do that is usually too much of a temptation for me (like infinite ammo in shooters)

18. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are J-League teams in FIFA 10 this year?!?!?

If so that is badass. EA has not been able to snag the J-League because they've always asked for too much in licensing fees.

19. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not on the DS version, only the K-League

20. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Are J-League teams in FIFA 10 this year?!?!?

Urawe and Gamba were on FIFA for X-Box 360. Total bummer if they are not this year. I'll let you know when I get the game later this week.

21. piojo

piojo New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    j-league is NOT in fifa 10 nor has it been in any fifa game EVER (not even in fifa manager series.) wiki the info if you want, but clearly someone lied to you.

22. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    J-league is NOT in fifa 10 nor has it been in any fifa game EVER (not even in fifa manager series.) wiki the info if you want, but clearly someone lied to you.

I seem to remember some Japanese teams were in, just not the whole J-league. This year for example, one or two Argentine teams are in; but not the whole league.

And I think Wiki lies more than this board does. :)

I was reading the Wiki of a game I was directly involved in and it was wrong on several counts.

The Sounders are ranked #420 in popularity, by the way, out 567. The Galaxy are the most popular MLS team in the game.

23. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But West, if it's on Wikipedia, it's got to be true. It's not like they just let anyone write and update those things. Oh wait, nevermind.

24. TheOtherBrent

TheOtherBrent Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither the J-League license nor any J-League teams have been in FIFA since like the Playstation 1 days.

This is unlikely to change as long as Konami puts out PES.

25. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is it then guys? I can't believe misinformation in a wiki article.