Soon...............

Discussion in 'Germany' started by lplaksina, Nov 27, 2004.

1. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Elsewhere Augenthaler will stick with the same eleven players in Rostock that impress in Madrid. “I have no reason to make any changes.”

Robson Ponte, who missed the match in Madrid because of suspension, will have to settle for a place on the bench, just like Daniel Bierofka, who has recovered from a back injury.

At the end of the press conference Klaus Augenthaler confirmed that he is expecting Landon Donovan to start training with the club in January.

2. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From looking at the pattern of closed threads on the Bayer Leverkusen board I'd say that you've killed this one unintentionally by using the term, Donovan. By doing so you've invited the idiotic back and forth that, I suspect, is rooted in basic US v Europe animosities.

Good luck to all of you. Mike will have to close this one too.

3. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002

You may be right, or else the moderator has the problem !!!!

In any event, the purpose of the post was to dispell the false belief that Auggie wasn't sure that Landon would go to Bayer.

Close away..................

4. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    since i couldn't post in the other threads since they're closed, i figure i'll ruin this one quick:

donovan will go through an adjustment period, and then it'll be katie bar to the door.

or there may be no adjustment period.

of course, i'm no soccer expert, i just play one on the radio... : ;)

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I just want to know what his squad number will be.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Just for reference, Bierofka hardly ever gets any playing time which is a pity because he was pretty good at 1860 München.

You killed it yourself by implying I am the "idiotic" (nice way to bastardize the English language) with a personal attack.

I have always maintained a neutral opinion on this matter, it's just you crazed fanboys that see it as US animosity.

7. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Before Mike comes in and shuts the thread down, guys calm down and quit pointing fingers at    or Squares(which ever you qould like to call him).

If you want to debate if if Laddycakes is going to start for Leverkusen, take it to Yanks Abroad.

However if you would like to actually discuss Leverkusen, then stay here and discuss away.

Mike if you read this, I'm not trying to step in and take over.

8. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Laddycakes, ????? what's up with that intelligent statement? I thought the kids name is Landon.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its a joke that 3rd Degree(posts on the FC Dallas board and does reports) made.