Song Chong Gug

Discussion in 'Korea' started by FlashM11, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    The Hallelujah fans must be pretty bloody annoyed they've not won the K-League for 22 consecutive years ;)

2. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Catholics are really good at soccer lol

3. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Lol

4. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As I often do, unfortunately, in my profession, I apologize for an incredibly idiotic comment made by FlashM11 on behalf of all Christian.

About Song, I'd also like to see him back in NT. I think he'll bring better balance in our mdfield, allowing Lee YP to take the left side.

5. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    boy oh boy, this thread is a freaking hoot to read :D. thanks for the chuckles everyone.

so wait, he was shagging groupies and that is what led to his divorce? wow, of all people, ya gotta love it...

6. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    oh one more brazil are good because they dedicate there wins to jesus.

7. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

i am not convinced that you are just trying to be funny

8. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    just shut up already

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hey, i'm a Christian but i still suck at footie. :D

10. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    im not implying that christians are good at footie

11. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

no one knows what the heck youre trying to imply....but you should really stop this to stop from offending the other posters on this board.

12. johlee_99

johlee_99 New Member

May 31, 2003
    Coppell, TX
    Real Madrid

Only bad thing about having a 60-inch widescreen HDTV... It makes you watch sports from home and get lazy!

I been to one FC Dallas game this year and it was hella hot, so that's even more reason to sit my skinny ass at home. You know us Koreans don't suntan well anyway. :-D

13. David Leench

David Leench New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    san francisco
    uhhhhhh, yeah...

14. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well, i just have to say that Ronaldinho and Zidane are known to be Scientologists and according to many conspiracy theorists, the reason why they can bend their kicks like a rainbow is because of their alien friends in the crowd, who use telekinesis to aid them.

JK, of course...

15. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    sheesh, I almost fell for that. Thanks for the clarification at the end, Kanuck ;)

16. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

oh really,

well, that explains why muslims, buddist, and hindus can't and never will win the world cup...damm, perhaps, KNT should allow devout buddist to play at all cuz it will diminish our chances of winning the world cup...imagine no JS park on our team.......It also insinuates that if a saudi arabia or india wins the world cup title, this world will be over...well, we wont have to worry about that cuz they will never win it anyways.....lol...jk

17. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    오우~~ 지져스~~ ;)

I hope ppl haven't been taking this 'debate' too seriously, so far, other than to have a laugh :)

18. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    im a christian and ill say it again you dont like go fkn shove it and i still suck at soccer :p

19. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Sami Al-jaber, the Saudi striker dedicated his team's last home match to Allah. Is this why they beat the Koreans?

20. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    they might be able to win one game or two but they will never succeed in winning the world cup yet alone be successfull.

21. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Guys, everyone is entitled to their opinion however illogical or logical it may be. :cool:

I-am-no-christian-rkim

22. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    thanks

23. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Park Ji Sung is a Buddhist, and he's the most successful player right now.

But as a religious person, I do believe there is a possibility that religious people may perform better than secular people mentally (that's a weak ass assertion really). Real religious people try to play for something bigger then themselves for their success. Like their country or their God or whatever it may be. Kind of like what the movie "Chariots of Fire" implies.

As corny as it sounds, I think a person can perform at their best when they have something more than them selves to play for. Such as their family or their God. Not to mention that "ideal" religious lifestyle of no smoking, no alcohol, waking up early, hardworking is good for sports players. Goo Dae-Seong and the little Matsui in MLB smoke. What the hell are they doing. That's why they suck. They are not dedicated enough.

I think all korean sports player should try to live the lifestyle of Cha Bum-Keun. And I really think he lived a devoute religious life.

But in the end, I really don't think God favors any one team or person over others in sports. And its only the matter of lifestyle that sets apart the good athletes from the bad ones and nothing more.

24. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    if your a buddhist do u have to go to temples every sunday??

25. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Koo Dae-sung is one of the best pitchers Korean baseball league has ever produced. he was absolutely untouchable during his prime. he is in his late 30s and he just came to MLB to experience the best league in the world before he retires.