some thoughts after watching Seoul vs Pohang

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Jul 10, 2005.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I spent my 1500 won to watch the Seoul vs Pohang from SBS website. here are some of my thoughts after watching the game.

1) Ricardo is a baller. I'm falling in love with the way this guy plays. one reason why is because I play a lot like him when I play for my club. his long passes are probably one of the best, if not THE best in K-League right now. only player who can be compared to this guy's passing skills is probably Lee Kwan-woo. anyways, this guy dished out 3 assists in this game by feeding long balls to Park Chu-young and Kim Eun-joong. I still can't get over his assist to Kim Eun-joong. David Beckham of K-League. :cool:

2) Park Chu-young's finishing touch is getting deadlier and deadlier. boy, can this guy finish. his first and third goal were due to good assists, but damn, his second goal was nice. receives the pass from Ricardo, fools the defender with a little behind-the-back juke, then BOOM! and not only can this guy score, this guy's short passes are NICE.

3) Lee Min-sung was not the same ol' Lee Min-sung last night. :D he was doing a great job on guys like Da Silva and Lee Dong-gook.

4) Da Silva needs to learn when to pass the ball if he wants to win a game. this was the final game to decide wether his team was gonna win the 1st stage, and this guy just REFUSED to pass the ball. guys like Lee Dong-gook and Hwang Jin-sung had at least 3 open chances each when this guy had the ball and he ended up shooting a rocket from an angle where he shouldn't even think about shooting the ball. I felt bad for Lee Dong-gook especially because a pure scorer like him had a selfish bum playing alongside him while guys like Kim Eun-joong and Park Chu-young had a great supporter in Ricardo.

5) if you're one of the people who claim that Lee Dong-gook can't pass and run, you need to go sit in the corner. while Lee Dong-gook was playing alongside Da Silva, he was basically playing the shadow striker role. Pohang's midfield was absolutely crap last night, and Lee Dong-gook came all the way down to half-line to feed the ball to Da Silva and the wingers with accurate passes to start the attack. there was a one particular time when he dished out a beautiful pass in the first half, and I thought I was looking at someone else for a moment. also for people who say that he can't run, the guy was running and dribbling the ball, beating his defender to cross the ball and etc etc. he actually does all these things for Pohang because he doesn't have the same support he has when he's playing for our NT. he runs, dish out passes, runs down to defend, and scores. to be honest, he does the same thing for our NT but he just decides to concentrate more on scoring since he already has the support from the midfield.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nice reading, im getting more and more impressed by this young guy :) I actually got his FC Seoul shirt, doesnt need to be ashamed of that :p

Do you think you can find a highlight clip of the game ? Thanks in advance.

3. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

i love kim eun joong!

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yeah, that's another player who's not getting the credit he deserves because of Park Chu-young's shadow.

that's 6 goals and 6 assists for him this season. him, Cho Jae-jin, and Choi Tae-uk should all be picked by Bonny to play in the EAFF Cup.

5. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    choi tae uk is a crazy ass mofo his just very inconsistent but it looks like his working on that....and cho jae jin is improving but still it is j-league....so iono yet...and yes lee dong gook can dribble i remember krn fans talkin sh1t and making fun of lee for weeks when he dribble past 2 uzbek defenders in our earlier wcq....

6. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Log on to www.fcseoul.com

They have highlights of every match a day or two after the match is played:D

7. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ricardo used to get a lot of c rap from Seoul fans cause he seemed to phase out in the second half and tended to hog the ball but it seems like he is beginning to settle in with the first stage coming to a close.

If you remember, Park CY also did well in the "1" spot. If Jung Jo-guk or Nonato regains their previous form, Seoul could very well get away with two attacking midfielders in the middle and give h ell to their opponents :D

Ah..these are the days for an FC Seoul fan:D

8. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yeah, but I believe he needed some time to adjust to new environment and etc.

but he does have problem with his stamina, and running down for defense and etc.