Some simularities to other world cups and this time

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Im not 100 percent sure on this one but according to Lippi we qualified for the world cup witha round to spare in 3 occassions now, 82, 2006 and now 2010. We won it of course in 82 and 2006.

Last world cup campaign Toni top scored with 4 goals and one harrtick. Same as Giladino this time.

in 2005, we played Holland in November and went on to lift the trophy the next year. We are playing Holland again, in November.

We played Ireland in 2005 the year before the world cup and Giladino scored. Same this year. { he also scored our 2nd, pirlo the 1st in a 2-1 win in Ireland.

New Zealand last featured in the 1982 world cup. Italy won it that year, will they be there again?

Honduras were last there in 82, and we won.

In our last qualifier at home in 2005 I believe it was against Moldova and vieri { or someone, i know he scored one goal } scored a late winner. Giladino did the same this time against Cyprus.

drew with scotland away in 2005 after going a goal down, drew in ireland away { that one holds the least meaning I just thought id include it lol }and drew 0-0 away to norway, we drew 0-0 away to bulgaria this time

I know this is rather pointless, but why not!

2. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    brazil won the confed cup in 2005 and were strong favourites, who won the world cup the next year? thankyou!:D

history is repeating itself { despite this im still tipping argentina:)}

3. Aranycsapat

Aranycsapat New Member

May 27, 2009
    Padova, Italy
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But on another hand: European NTs never won a WC away from Europe :eek:

4. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    argentina won it after Italy last won it, 1986. Its been 24 years like it was for italy when they broke their drought so im tipping them. Brazil went 24 years without winning it also and ended that in 94. Funny if germany win in 2014 lol.

History says south america's turn to win iy again so im tipping messi and argentina.

5. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I compare this cup to '86...stubborn coach, aging team in transition...yikes. :eek:

6. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    New Zealand qualify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

another tick!