Some new Rossi movie

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dmike, Oct 23, 2005.

1. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    SoccerAmerica reports that Rossi may reconsider to represent US after he was left out for Italy U-19 roster. That means he would not make the U-21 roster either.

Then watch his teammates Howard and Spector (especially just 1 year older than him) played in WCQ for US and likely head to 2006 World Cup may hurt.

3. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Since Timmy is pretty useless right now maybe he can do some talking to Rossi than just rott in the bench.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Oh fantastic video.

I haven't gotten to see a lot of Rossi until recently. I worry a bit about his size. He seems pretty small and thin. Not that that is horrible. After all, so is Michael Owen. When he come on against Spurs yesterday he didn't do anything. He was knocked off the ball pretty easily at times.

BS will implode if Rossi decides to play for the US. He seems pretty conflicted, and I think people need to lay off the kid and let him make the decision. I just don't want to read anymore about Freddy Adu I guess.

5. JcUSA

JcUSA New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that guy has talent. It would be great if the US could get him to play for them. The US soccer fed should make him an offer he cant refuse.

6. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Seriously, the kid is obviously very talented. Ferguson said something about him being as good a finisher as anyone at the club.

Of course, there is always some hyperbole with you talents, but he looks similar to Adu in that they both do very, very special things. Almost outer-worldly at time. Who's better? Hard to tell, although Rossi may have even better exeleration in tight spaces, although both have a great touch, can pass, have strong instinct on finish, can beat guys all sorts of ways, and can shoot from distance.

I'd love to see it worked out to have Rossi in a US Men's Nat uniform. To think we could have Adu and him in the pipeline- if not for 2006, for the future. Would be great...

(Oh, sorry Clint- I know you don't wanna read about Adu anymore, but Rossi is a similar talent, with similar issues)..

7. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    He's no Josh Wolff, that's for sure.

8. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, fast forward to Man U. training center in March...

Rossi! Telephone mate. Some bloke calls hisself Il Bruce. Wants to know if you're up for a friendly and, by the way, how's your German?

Tough to say no to that.

Another thing working in Bruce's favor is that, if I'm not mistaken, no games until the World Cup would cap-tie Rossi to the US. So Arena can say come on in, check it out, Italy will always be open to you. And if he impresses...well it would take a LOT of hutzpah to turn down a WC spot.

Forget Timmay or JS recruiting him. Captain America lives in town.

9. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
  10. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he would surely not be called into the January camp as he'll be in mid-season and is apparently fighting for a spot on the field.

More likely he'd be called in for the European friendlies.

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I completely missed that too. Interesting, but I'd like to hear from Rossi on the subject before I believe it.

I'm sure Arena is on the case. I'm conflicted about trying to call him up. I'd much rather use the upcoming friendlies to prepare for WC06, not to give a cap to a kid with potential. Unless Bruce thinks the kid has a chance to make the roster, of course.

12. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
  13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Someone needs to forward this link to the US Soccer Fed.

14. WC2010Champs!

WC2010Champs! New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    if everyone on bigsoccer were to send him fanmail - would he receive it? im being serious, ill mail him a fan letter begging him to play for the usa but a) where would it be sent and b) do manu players get their fanmail?

thanks

15. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    CAP HIM BRUCE PLEEEEEAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE

16. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    send it care of Man U.

I'd bet reserve team players get most of their fan mail

17. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    The Tao of Bruce.

Step #1: Eliminate the desire. (publically or privately state that you're only interested in the best interest of the young man regardless of who he plays for)

Step #2: Be Excellent in his presence (wax some European squad in their own stadium this spring)

Step #3: Withdraw (Let him come to you)

And it shall be done.

18. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Great video! Rossi is clearly a special player -- and watching those clips certainly brings to mind comparisons with Freddy. It would be great if Rossi ultimately decided to play for the U.S.

19. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    Screw that! My father is at my house and I just showed him the clip he said "Arena needs to cap him" The kid is something special to watch and I would love to turn on the TV to watch the USMNT games and watch this kid shine in the US kit not the Itailian kit. Does anyone have anymore clips of Rossi?

20. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Little known trivia - they played against each other when Rossi was on the NJ Clark Conquistadors and Adu played for Potomac Cougars.

21. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

...and who won?

22. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    They were also in the same regional ODP pool, both playing with the 86s.

But Rossi wasn't on the team that went to Italy and earned Adu his contract offer from Milan. Those were 85s.

23. fnsandpwr

fnsandpwr New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Houston
  24. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and who won?

25. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha, never realized he favors his left foot

we really need a left-sided threat don't we? Seriously, what is up with THAT? Lewis, DMB, Convey, Adu, Mapp, Rossi...