some MLS goals = Blooper reels

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by mrecint, May 24, 2008.

1. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a big MLS supporter, but is it me or do a lot of recent goals look like they should be on bloopers.

The Houston one from last week where the goalie flubs, and the Toronto one the DC was just horrid just to name a couple.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great goals, but some I've seen this season are just weak.

2. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Dude, this season is a lot tighter than past seasons. There is a certain rush to get into the playoffs for sure.

You are not going to get pretty goals this season.

3. Qrom

Qrom Member

Oct 26, 2007
    east bay
    plenty of pretty goals. Gallardo has some, Beckham has some, kljestan has some, and Blanco has some.

4. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today was a great day for pretty goals

Lopez
    Oduro's 2nd
    McManus
    Beckham

even the ones that didn't stand out were still pretty good...great weekend of action

5. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    What about the DeRo off-his-face goal last season!??? Classic!!!!!

6. EdsonArantes

EdsonArantes Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Barra Brava
    Do goofy goals count for fewer points? A goal is a goal...you'll get some pretty ones and some silly ones.

7. garnet&blackattack

garnet&blackattack New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. We have some goofy goals. But, so does every other league around the world.

8. MarkRFC_

MarkRFC_ New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Reading, England
    Barrett's second vs New York is one of the worst defended goals I've ever seen

First, he's 10 yards from any other defenders in the penalty area, weak header which Conway dives and misses, and then squirms under his body into the goal

9. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, because there's never any blooper-goals from any other leagues. Oh yeah, I do seem to remember an extensive blooper reel that included a bunch of goals in the EPL I saw last week . . .

It's just like any other soccer league, there's going to be ugly goals, good goals, and great goals.