Some Ideas

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Kevin8833, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    I love the way the MLS is going and how the level of play is rising again, and I realize the failures of NASL trying to Americanise the game but three things I would really like to see, I am pretty sure 2 of them the NASL used are instead of PK's bringing back the shootout is my favorite idea, and also instead of 2 legs or one game I would like to see like 3 game series in playoffs, and lastly I think cheerleaders would be a nice addition to the league. Any thoughts or opinions?

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think this thread will last, so before its closed and you get flamed here...

Both the shootout and the 3 game playoff series were part of the league rules during its inception. They didn't work, so league got rid of the shootout and changed the playoff format.

As far as cheerleaders, some teams have them, others have dance teams, and the rest just don't bother.

3. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Instead of Legs, one game knockout style, at the home of the higher seed so the regular season means something...

got that in there before this thread gets closed and or turns into a normal BS thread...hah

4. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This won't be here for long but I think the playoffs should be a group stage and I like the PK's over the shootout.

5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Alexandria
    Cheerleaders are a good idea so long as they lose an article of clothing for every goal scored.