some consolation...

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by 10 fan, Nov 1, 2004.

1. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    Have you seen the highlights of the Metros-DC series? DC is playing some great soccer, and New England stands absolutely no chance against them. None. Sadly, even if we did make it through, I don't think we would have stood much of a chance against them either. All I'm trying to say is if our season wasn't over yesterday, it would have ended this Saturday. DC is playing too well to allow any other Eastern Conference team to go to MLS Cup.

2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I'm going to disagree a bit. If we had made it on the strength of the PKs, we might have been in trouble but if we had made it on the basis of good play we'd have a good chance of beating DC. They have Nelson and Kovalenko suspended for the conference final and it would have been on our turf.

3. TheOtherBastard

TheOtherBastard New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Akron, OH
    And did we mention that Chicago didn't make the playoffs? That always makes me happy.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought maybe this thread would be about how Columbus set another league first this weekend:

For the first time in league history, the winner of the Supporter's Shiled failed to advance past the first round of the playoffs.

Congratulations Crew!!!!

YEAR - SHIELD WINNER --- IN THE PLAYOFFS (who beat them)
    1996 - Tampa Bay Mutiny -- Lost in semifinal (DC)
    1997 - DC United --- Won MLS Cup
    1998 - Los Angeles Galaxy -- Lost in semifinal (Chicago)
    1999 - DC United --- Won MLS Cup
    2000 - Kansas City Wizards -- Won MLS Cup
    2001 - Miami Fusion --- Lost in semifinal (San Jose)
    2002 - Los Angeles Galaxy -- Won MLS Cup
    2003 - Chicago Fire --- Lost MLS Cup (San Jose)

5. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    I just came across some highly entertaining pictures, thought I might point them out to you:

[​IMG]
    How long until Nick Garcia's sorry ass puts that up on ebay? That's the last jersey Donovan wore in MLS. Nicky's got a goldmine on his hands if Donovan becomes the player he could in Europe.

[​IMG]
    Donovan, who says he's always looking for new challenges, tries it with his hands behind his back.

6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That even beats that one photo of Razov kissing one of his teammates. Well done.

I think I'll be putting that on my desktop. Laughing at Dono never gets old.