Solari to Inter

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by hawk_claw, Jul 6, 2005.

1. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Looks like Solari's been shipped off to Milan to play for Inter, according to Marca, as said here on ESPN Soccernet:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=336622&cc=5901

I liked Solari, and really thought he'd get more games now that Figo's contract is almost done. Sad to see him go.
    Article also says something about a loan move for Walter Samuel to Inter...wtf!?

2. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Boooooooooo

3. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    He could have grown into one of the best left wingers if he was given opportunities. I am really sad to see him go and angry to see that years and years of patience have not given him what he expected and longed for; opportunities in the first team to should what he can do. But we have to remember the CL final where Zidane scored that incredible goal 'cause he iniciated that goal, lol.

4. Los_Merengues

Los_Merengues Red Card

Jul 6, 2005
    I am shocked to see him go.
    He was a greato player. Who will be replacing him?

5. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    Let's put Raul there... i think he played his best durring last season in that position. And, if he can't score anything from that position, he gets the boot. It's his last chance to prove himself before being benched.

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Unbe******leivable

Solari passed his medical for Inter. Real Madrid will receive nothing from Inter for his transfer according to AS. :mad: :(

Good luck to him in Milan. He was a model professional at Real Madrid and I'll miss him. Hopefully at Inter he can play his way into the squad for the world cup next year. He deserves it.

7. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    He's a great player and would have probably starting on any other team in Europe. I thought he was a great players coming off the bench for you guys, you could tell how the tempo of the game would change once he came in, he had great creativity and skill, its a bad loss for you guys.

8. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Utter class. Good luck to Santi!

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yeah, its gonna be a sore loss, he was a spark off the bench just like Guti, and if not for some of the blindness in the coaching staff (cough* zizou not as good, *cough *cough) guys like solari and guti would start

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Solari was a class act. Great coming off the bench. Fans really liked him. Unfortunately the few opportunities he was given as a starter were probably some his poorest performances. Still, at 27 or 28 years old (I think), you can't blame the guy for looking for minutes so he can have a shot at playing in WC2006.

Gracias Indiecito. Mucha suerte.

¡Hala Madrid!

11. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I forget what the occasion was (maybe it was the same time last year, when we all thought it would make most sense for him to leave) when the same emotions came out. Solari is one of my favorite players to wear the white shirt, because he plays with the skill and speed of a world-class player, yet puts in the effort and defensive hustle of a player clamoring to make a team. He never complained about his underutilization, never made a big deal about playing time, and stuck with Real Madrid much longer than any of us could have asked. Solari will get a hero's welcome if he ever sets foot in the Bernebau again.

12. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Solari was one of my favorite players, so I'm sad to see him go. However, you can't blame him for leaving- it's a shame Real Madrid didn't give him more playing time. It's also pretty stupid for Real to have allowed this clause in his contract to have been activated by not giving him enough playing time, so they get nothing for a great player.

13. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solari is a class act & a total professional. He has always been one of my favorite players. I really wish Luxa had played him in the DM position those times he used Celades.

14. Lconkisstador

Lconkisstador New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Los Angeles

here here!! well put. I raise a toast to Santi Solari!!

15. parshva

parshva New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Mumbai,India
    i also agree solari had served the club in best way possible without ever moaning for first team place. coming on wen asked to and doin fantastic job all the time. every true madrid fan wud hv a special place for him in their hearts.

i am very sad to see him go but am also pleased for him that he'll get the playing time on field. however i would like to see him return to bernabau one day if not as player maybe as a coach or some official in any way possible but back to club to whom he served so loyally.

to Solari!!!

16. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still don't see what the hell they were thinking when they didn't play him so much. :(

17. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yeah well chinky solari is an example of Real's largest flaw, the inability to play as starters non-big name guys. solari patiently waited for years to crack the first team on a regular basis and obviously had the skill to do so. I hope guys like Guti and Solari follow Morientes' example and get the hell out of madrid if they don't get time. it makes me angry to lost players like that, but 1) its a world cup year and people need to have good seasons and 2) guti, morientes and solari are peaking in their careers soon and need to play whether at the bernabe or elsewhere. I wish these guys the best of luck (especially morientes, go l'pool) and just hope that they don't come back to bite us in europe.

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I don't know that this was the case with Solari. His performances off the bench were a million times beter than when he started. Having said that, I agree that the guy worked his ass off to get more minutes.

Hala Madrid

19. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Well, except for that whole "clause in the contract allowing him to leave on a free if he doesn't play more" thing. ;)

But other than that, no he didn't make a big deal out of his lack of PT.

20. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    solari is a difficult one. realisticaly he is never going to play much so no point in keeping him
    he was a gr8 substtitute but only an average starter
    many players can come on after 70/80 min and look good because they wer fresh. santi never looked as good from the start.
    having said that i think he is a superb talent and it is a shame he has 2 go

21. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    But you never read that Solari was complaining to the media/ throwing tantrums in practice/ refusing to honor his commitments to the team over playing time.

22. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still think he should've started like every 1 out of 3 games, or at least against Getafe and Levante, etc, so that he gets his contract fulfilled.

23. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    So...we start buying "hard workers", "team players"....and Solari goes to Inter, for free. Solari, who with his hard work and great play (in few minutes), had become one of the idols of the Bernabeu. I don't know, I don't like it.