Sol Campbell in NY?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Partizan_fc, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    Saw this on MLSnet

Sol Campbell told World Soccer Weekly recently that he’d consider playing in MLS for the last couple years of his career. Campbell said he loves New York and has family there.

http://www.mlsnet.com/content/03/tcs0320.html

2. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Hmm I get it , remove George Weah , Insert Sol Campbell . This should provide silly rumors for the next 4 years .

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Cool we can have 2 years of Rob Stone not being able to tell the difference between Sol Campbell and Eddie Pope during our umpteen national broadcasts.

I don't think he'd really play here until he got seriously dumped by English football (a la Gazza), but currently he is better than any defender we have. I hope that won't be the case in 2-4 years.

4. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Get him over here right now. Enough of the retirement league crap. Go to hell Sol.

Also in the article, it mentions Spike Lee is a soccer fan. As he is such a rabid fan of the Knicks, any chance he'll become a Metros fan?

5. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZ... I tuned out the second you said "for the last years of his career." We don't want him at that stage. Sorry. 1996 MLS maybe, but 2003 MLS doesn't need that crap (yes, I know it made it to the MLS web site, but what the hell, it's the offseason I guess you have to fill the pages with something).

6. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    He'll come to games wearing a Mathis jersey, and a couple MetroStars towels, then yell at the players who aren't doing what they are supposed to..seems like fun!

7. Decent Guy

Decent Guy New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Outside NY