soft ground shoes

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by ball handler, Aug 5, 2002.

1. ball handler

ball handler New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    Kansas
    i was wondering if i should get some SG's( it rains over here but not very often) and if i should, which ones. something not to expensive.

2. gkjoe

gkjoe New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Michigan
    sg's

i love my sg's for rainy games, mud comes off really clean, i have a pair of old umbro sg's. if you want some cheap ones, go to either ebay or eastbay soccer's clearance, u might find a good deal there. spray pam cooking oil on the bottoms and they'll hold less mud

3. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Note that some leagues and some fields do not allow them, as they tend to tear the field up. If you are playing in a rec league, check first.

4. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    Also, make sure the weather really sucks to use those. USing them on even somewhat wet turf will screw up your knees and/or shins in the long run. I only use mine if there's like an inch or more of mud out there.

5. USregion2playas

USregion2playas New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    spejic: Note that some leagues and some fields do not allow them, as they tend to tear the field up. If you are playing in a rec league, check first

What the hell r u talking about????

6. calcioguy9

calcioguy9 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Wisconsin, USA
    im also thinking about getting a pair of SG's. would the kaiser 5's be good?

7. ball handler

ball handler New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    Kansas
    just wanted to tell you guys i just now ordered the nike tiempo premiers sg from footlocker for 60 bucks. i have the firm ground ones and i liked them

8. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    > What the hell r u talking about????

I don't know how to make it clearer.

Long cleats tear up fields.

Some leagues or college teams do not allow their use, because they do not want the field torn up.

Therefore, check with the organization you play with first before buying them.

And I think the words you are looking for are "are" and "you".