Soda POP!

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by MeridianFC, Jul 15, 2003.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    switzerland's answer to sprite is called citroen and it is awesome!!! add that to my list

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    This stuff sucks.

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/bigred/

When I was at SMU, we had a fiction class where we read a book by a grad who wrote about how great this stuff was in the book. The characters had a hearse and they built a cooler in the shape of a little coffin to carry their Big Red around. Even though I'm not from Texas, I loves the Dr. Pepper, but can't stand Big Red.

Thx,

Jay!

3. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm a big fan of Jarritos.

Why can't we get Fanta Limon in the states? I really love it whenever I go to Spain.

And toss my vote in for Blenheim's, too. That stuff is like rocket fuel.

4. GoDizzGo

GoDizzGo New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Los Anchorage
    Some favorite sodas:

Henry Weinhard's Root Beer

Blue Sky's Cherry Vanilla Creme

Safeway's Ginger Ale: A low-cost ginger ale that is suprisingly good and stronger than most other commericially made ginger ales.

Also I've taken recently to getting some crystalized giner and putting small shavings of it to perk up just about any soda that I might have, especially lemonades, ginger ales or root beer.

5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Naturale 90 sodas. I prefer raspberry & black cherry. I think it's only available in NY/NJ.

Boylan's makes many good varieties.

6. genesys

genesys New Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Bluedaddy19- Hallo from Chicago. I have been looking for Swiss Altima Pear Water here in the US for over 10 years! I used to drink it alot when I played college soccer in the late 1980s. But it disappeared from the market.

Where is it still available in Europe? Is it still a brand in use? Thanks for any help. I'd go to great lengths to get some!

Bedankt,
    Genesys...

7. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Anyone who knows anything knows that Vernors is where it's at.

;)

8. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Natural 90 Black Cherry is sublime, and it's not hard to find in Chicago. My favorite flavor of Jarritos is Jamaica (Mexican hibiscus-flower iced tea), with Toronja (grapefruit) next. Sidral Mundet is easier to find, but I prefer Manzanita Sol (both apple-flavored). While we're on the subject, Coke from Mexico is still made with cane sugar, and that's why it tastes better. But, among sodas americanos, it's all about Cherry Coke, especially where you can get it mixed at a fountain.

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I rarely drink soda, but if I do it's an Orangina or one of these bad boys...

[​IMG]

10. NorCalFootballer

NorCalFootballer New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Northern California
    Jarritos Mandarina rocks! You could probably find Fanta Limon somewhere around here in California. I'll see if I can find it.
    Someone also mentioned Henry Weinhard's Root Beer, which is also grubbin'.

11. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Just curious, are you guys from Michigan? I have rarely seen my beloved Vernors sold outside of my home state and I have always been curious where it gets distributed.

And oh by the way, Vernors with Capt. Morgan sounds really good.

12. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Many 7-Up bottlers in the west distribute Vernors...I know the 7-Up plant in Tucson does...and they used to here in the SF Bay Area but it's getting harder and harder to find. Albertsons used to stock it but they stopped a couple months ago, so I've got to look in the gourmet markets like Cosentino's to find it.

Nothing better on a cold winter morning than hot Vernors...

14. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Just stopped by a new Cuban place with my sister and we tried two Cuban sodas that are made in Miami. Ironbeer is citrusy, and Coco Solo, as you might guess, tastes like coconut. Coco Solo is on the first page of the link below, and Ironbeer is on the second:

http://www.sodapopstop.com/products/browse.cfm?link=7&s=1

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Inca Cola

yummmmm

msilverstein47 repped this.
  16. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    What does Inca taste like? I know what it LOOKS like. :eek:

msilverstein47 repped this.
  17. John Boy

John Boy New Member

Jun 16, 2002
    Staffordshire
    Rola Cola.

40p for 8 litres

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bubblegum! I'll try and bring a few cans next tailgate. It's pretty tasty.....

[begins to wonder what mixing it with Cap'n Morgans tastes like]

19. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Nope. I'm originally from CA, lived in SC, and have been in DC for nearly 20 years. We always had Vernors in CA when I was growing up. Blenheims is the best Ginger Ale, but if I need that mild smooth flavor, it's gotta be Vernors.

20. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Like bubble rum, I guess!

21. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    had Sisi in holland a few years back, then just a few weeks ago i found it in Gibralter. wonderful stuff.

22. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    i wanna see this stuff in stores...

[​IMG]

23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm quoting a guy who left BS five years or so ago, but he seemed pretty cool, and this is a good subject. My favorite fizzy drink is, indeed, an energy drink: Red Bull (original, full sugar). But I am extremely sensitive to it, so it's rare (not even monthly) that I have a bottle with my supermarket sushi and bag of kettle chips.

Off that list, I have only had San Pellegrino sodas, which I absolutely love. More puckery than sweet, slightly. Well, and yeah, Pepsi. As far as mainstream sodas, I like Dr. Pepper. Kind of curious about this chocolate variety that they're advertizing to certain people. I grew up liking Canfield's fudge soda.

I've also liked Sierra Mist in the past, when (I think) it went the sugar route. Tasted cleaner that way. But I'm confused by them now. They keep rebranding. That Twst stuff was good, but kind of hard on my system.

I need to Amazon some Boylan's Sugar Cane and Moxie (big New England drink, IIRC. I went to college up that way).

Also, I like lemon, and I like lime, but together it's a bit boring.

25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States