soccerTV not listing MLS matches

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by MetroDug, Aug 1, 2002.

1. MetroDug

MetroDug Member

May 4, 1999
    New York, NY USA
    I've noticed recently soccertv is not listing all televised MLS mathces shown in the US.

They failed to list the replay of Metro v Columbus last night on FOx Sports NY and do not have this match listed for 8/10, even though its on MLSnet:

Columbus
    at Colorado
    - 9:00 p.m. ET
    newscenter

I know Oliver is no fan of MLS, but to not list games is rather silly, no?

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Just use the official site. I've noticed a number of errors on SoccerTV in the past.

3. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    I'm pretty sure Oliver stopped listing any Disney (ABC, ESPN) telecasts some time ago due to some legal issues or tiff between him and them (don't ask me what). That wouldn't explain not listing other MLS broadcasts though (such as those on FOX Sports, etc).

Oliver is no fan of women's soccer either (largely due to Foudy) but he DOES list various WUSA matches and women's internationals - so a general dislike for MLS probably doesn't explain the ommisions either.

Oliver has been banned from Big Soccer, but keeps popping up in various disguises so maybe he'll offer an explanation.

4. Mr. Oz

Mr. Oz New Member

Aug 29, 2001
    California
    At eurosport (soccer.com), they have a section where you can check your local soccer telecast which I have found to be very helpful. Better than soccertv in my opinion. It's at the bottom left of the page.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised he took this long to make good on his threats.

Screw him.

6. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I was shocked to see that the YES Network is showing the Roma-Real Madrid friendly on Thursday at 9:30pm EST.

I can't think of why they'd be showing this. Does anyone know if this is a good sign for things to come or just a one time event?

Thanks