Soccer Stats Service (Up Stats?)

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by mopdogsoc, Apr 3, 2022.

1. mopdogsoc

mopdogsoc Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 16, 2021
    I think some of the MLS Next teams use a service called Up Stats (or something like that) where they send their footage to a service that has an AI analyze it and return various stats for the game, including pass completion rate. Anyone know what this company is? I was curious about the costs.

2. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    I'm pretty sure Hudl offers that service, and possibly Veo/Trace and other soccer specific recorders.

3. mopdogsoc

mopdogsoc Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 16, 2021
    We've used all 3 of those and none of them offer those kinds of stats. They don't have anything regarding pass completions, dribbling stats, etc.

4. CornfieldSoccer

Aug 22, 2013
    Lots of teams seem to use these guys, including at least some MLS teams. No idea what it costs, but I'm guessing it isn't cheap.

https://statsbomb.com/

5. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    OK. Sorry, I thought Hudl offered a "video analysis". I think we tried it once in the four years we did HS with them, but I didn't remember what the reports had.

6. Cadeyain

Cadeyain New Member

Manchester City
    United States
    May 6, 2019
    Instat is the service. We have used it for the past two seasons (U12 and U13). Roughly 85 games. Pretty cool AI technology. Tons of different statistical categories from passing completion, tackles, even where the shots are taken inside the box. Must be 50 or more different stats it tracks.

7. mopdogsoc

mopdogsoc Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 16, 2021
    That's it! I thought it was Up Stats but Instat sounds right.