Soccer Stadiums: MLS vs FMF vs rest of CONCACAF

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by pc4th, May 14, 2009.

1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Nuevo Estadio Corona | Future home to Club Santos Laguna | Est. Capacity 28,000 (1st Phase)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Territorio Santos Modelo albergará en su primera etapa, además del nuevo Estadio Corona a la Casa Club y oficinas de Santos, la Universidad del Deporte, Gimnasio, Escuela de Futbol Santos, el Restaurante Afición Corona Sports Bar y la Parroquia de Todos los Santos

Así mismo, se informó que para la segunda etapa está proyectada la construcción de un hotel con habitaciones con vista al estadio; un desarrollo de zona comercial y de entretenimiento, así como la ampliación del Estadio de 28 mil a 38 mil espectadores, con el objetivo de que si México consigue ser sede para algún Mundial próximo, este inmueble sea tomado en cuenta.

2. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Estadio de Futbol Monterrey | Future home to Club de Futbol Monterrey | Est. Capacity 50,000

uno mas...

[​IMG]

For a better view: Right Click. View Image.

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  4. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Estadio Caliente in Tijuana, when fully complete will have a capacity of 33,333:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Proposed Nuevo Estadio Azul with a capacity of 38,418:

[​IMG]

Under construction Arena Indios with a capacity of 40,000:

[​IMG]

Proposed stadium for Club de Futbol Monterrey with a capacity of 50,000:

[​IMG]

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
  7. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    JL,

I believe that the Monterrey stadium pictured above is tied in with an Olympic bid.

8. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For atmosphere and history you always gotta go with Mexican and Central American stadiums, of course Mexico would have something like 7 or 8 truly great stadiums by soccer standards to CA's 1 per country. Now, if you go by technology and game experience (bars and other extra ****) MLS does a good job, of couse they have the funds and there's no way in hell anyone would go to a stadium crappy stadium with **** seating. The new Red Bull stadium is gonna be the real **** with, is gonna be like a European stadium! If you go with the best stadiums, including NFL stadiums (Ex. the new Dallas and Phoenix stadiums), then its no contest the US wins, IMO.

PS I think USSF and FMF should put money into a fund that pays for better fields and lighting in Central America and the Caribbean during WCQs :D

9. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Ricardo Saprissa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Yes, they will soon most likely be part of the FMF.

Not sure on that one.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

now if only they could produce the atmosphere and attendance as a European stadium does, but when it comes down to the modernization USA blows every other country in CONCACAF out the water. just need the people to fill it up and you'll basically have a no contest here.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Estadio Nacional Tiburcio Carías Andino 35,000 capacity[/FONT][​IMG]

13. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: One of the Historic Futbol Stadiums in the World | Estadio Azteca

This picture is an abomination!! Grid football played on one of the most sacred stadiums in the world is sacrilege.

14. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I understand that the MLS is currently building various postage stamp size soccer specific stadiums around the U.S.. This is a good thing. Having so many new stadiums gives them the edge in number of modern amenities.

Yet when the stadiums in Guadalajara and Monterrey are complete it will be no contest in favor of the MFL as to who has the best modern futbol/soccer specific stadium in North America.

Also when rating stadiums, it depends which criteria the rater deems important, and choosing that criteria could be very subjective.

15. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monterrey's new stadium looks like a ballet slipper.

16. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    The roof is specifically designed to give an excellent view of the Cerro de la Silla. A Natural Monument in Monterrey. With no doubt this famous hill is Monterrey’s icon, located in the southeastern part of the city and can be seen from almost any place in the city.

[​IMG]

What is funny is that people from Monterrey are considered for the most part to be codos (tightwads).

It is said that someone dropped a coin up on that hill and they began digging til it was found. :D

17. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that explains that ravine then. :)

18. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

It also kind of looks like a worm. In my opinion though it's spectacular. I can't keep my eyes off it, something about the metal like slivers.

19. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: One of the Historic Futbol Stadiums in the World | Estadio Azteca

I'm sure the 103,467 people that attended that game agree with you. :p

Guess what, they're probably coming back in 2010.

20. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Nah, the NFL is in love with England at the moment.

21. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "'We would love to come back to Mexico,' Goodell said in response to a question from an ESPN Deportes reporter.

Goodell then explained that it won’t happen in 2009, but that negotiations with the league’s partners are occurring — and that Goodell is confident that the NFL will return to Mexico for another regular-season game in 2010."

Goodell is the NFL Commissioner. That's from less than four months ago.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/30/nfl-could-return-to-mexico-in-2010/

22. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Hopefully the novelty appeal of gridiron will have faded by then. ;)

23. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

The Mexicans should just start their own league. They've got enough fans I think, why not? We can start closing the gap on the NFL. :D

24. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    American football is really popular in Monterrey I believe.

25. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes it is. If the NFL would play a game every year in Monterrey, I'm pretty sure it would be a sellout year after year. But why go for Pesos when you can get Euros? That's why they're giving the games to London.