Soccer Stadiums have no character :(

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Backsfan, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    MLS isn't cheap, they lack creativity. For crying out loud, they renamed a team FC Dallas. Wow. Sooo much creativity! Metros Playoff Fever!! Oh my, I so wanna go to a MetroStars game now! Look at the Real shirt. It's obvious that it is way too cluttered. They have 6 inch shield and then an enormous "ReAL" written on the front. It looks like crap.

See, ******** like this is why MLS doesn't attract your average American soccer fan and makes fans of other countries want to head over to the bar and watch Benfica or Man U.

2. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think MLS is the most creative league , but I dont think thats why the average American soccer fan would rather watch Man U. I think MLS lacks exposure , and this has already been discussed on a lot of other posts , but I think the average American fan does not realize that MLS is growing , and they think Man U is the only team in the world or something . I think that if the average american fan just came out to some MLS games they would like them and would watch more , and realize that this sport is catching on in America , and we have something going here.

3. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    most of Stamford Bridge was built in the last 10 years. The oldest part is 30 years old. That's pretty normal for most grounds in England these days. Which part of stamford bridge did you have in mind for your "poorly designed piece of crap warhorse" comment?

And please, enlighten me on what advances in stadium design there have been since your clearly first hand full bladder experience at stamford bridge, and what happened exactly (sparing any messy details) that made your personal experience so bad.

4. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Stamford Bridge can't be any worse than the old Burden Park where you had to piss on the floor.

Of course back in the day you just pissed in the pocket of the bloke in front of you.