Soccer Sites

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by MrKaplan, Oct 3, 2003.

1. MrKaplan

MrKaplan New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    California
    Besides Uefa.com, Fifa.com, and SoccerNet.com, are there any good sites about European football in English? And are there any sites that allow you to watch video clips?

2. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    By far, my favorite is www.planetfootball.com. They have just teamed up in the last week with Sky Sports so it should really be now.

Sky Sports also has video clips, some free while others are part of their Sky Sports Active subscription. Go to www.skysports.com.

3. Pottertons

Pottertons New Member

May 28, 2003
    Canada_GTA
    Ditto, with the planetfootball comment. however, I did like it better before they merged. When you click on it, it completely feels like the skysports site. PF has lost it's identity.

Anyway...back to the topic @ hand. :)

I'm not too sure about Video clips, but a few of my fav's are ........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S22/sport_Lng0_Spo22.shtml ....there's links for viddy footage on this site!!! Brilliant for match text commentary too.

www.soccerage.com ....'This one is Italian based I think!!! but they touch well on all european footey.

www.sportinglife.com ..... this one is good too.

Lastly.....this is one that I like to use just to keep on top of the latest stories.

www.newsnow.co.uk.

It's great cause it has the links to the actual sites. All you do is click on the news heading, and it'll take you to the respective story provider. Plus, it's not only footey. You select what you want to check out from a number of options within a number of drop down menus.

There.........that should tie you over for now shouldn't it.??? :D

4. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Another site you might want to check out is www.teamtalk.com . They do a great job of reporting the sports news. At one time they even had an all-sports radio station.

5. MrKaplan

MrKaplan New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    California
    Thank you. I'll check out the sites.

6. Tick

Tick Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    How about a site that shows the Israeli table? I can find every other country with teams still in the Champions' League or UEFA Cup (mostly at Soccerage), but I can't find the standings in Israel.

7. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    I just came upon this site in the last few days:

www.soccerway.com

This site seems to have results, fixtures, tables and stats for 36 different countries including Isreal.

Enjoy!

8. footiefan

footiefan New Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Watch/Listen to live and archived UEFA action

Hey gang,

This is my first post on a soccer-related board to be gentle.

For live audio and archived full match coverage of UEAFA champions league matches, you should definitley check out this website:

http://www.uefa.com/video/landingpage.html

There is a "subscribe" link toward the bottom of the page.

Here's what the product gives you:

Every week
    - daily news roundups
    - features & interviews
    - magazine show
    - training routines
    Every match
    - entire match reruns
    - all match events
    - all goals scored
    - short and long highlights

Archive: over 3000 clips from 10 years of UEFA Champions League action

For the audio broadcasts a dialup internet connection is just fine. The video broadcasts work best with a high-speed internet connection.

Have fun!

9. jp77

jp77 New Member

Apr 18, 2002
    USA- CT
    tribalfootball.com is pretty good about transfers/rumors

onefootball.com was the best, now it's out of business

yahoo world soccer is ok