Soccer pubs in Germantown or Gaithersburg?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by yabo, Mar 7, 2011.

1. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than Glory Days, I have not been able to find a good soccer pub that carries Champions league up this way. Any suggestions?

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Glory Days closed a year ago this weekend.

Maybe try the new Rock A Fellas where the Fuddruckers used to be by QO HS. They have multiple TV's. Don't know if they have FSC though.

Same with Greene Turtle.

Barring that, maybe BW3 in Rockville Town Center, corporate, but multiple TV's.

Thx,

Jay!

3. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Jay. Rock A Fellas says they carry Champions League. Ever been there? What's it like?

Michael

4. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're going to Rockville go to El Patio, though you'll get one game at a time. And Gordon Biersch shows La Liga on Gol TV on weekends, so they may to Fox too. You may wanna try Spanish (language) restaurants, odds will be high.

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It's cool during the day/early evening, the weekend crowds are getting a little rough. Heard of a couple of fights from some coworkers of mine. It's a nice setup with a bunch of TV's around a decent sized bar area. Good Caps crowd in there. Better than average beer selection, burgers/dogs/fries on the menu. They do have DirecTV and tend to have GolTV on at least one of the TV's on the weekends I've been in.

Thx,

Jay!

6. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    As a follow up, Rockafellas does not have FSC. No Champions League. No MLS on FSC.

Thx,

Jay!

7. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    or FSC+

I know you know this Jay, but for others, try Bailey's Pub & Grille in Germantown. They had both CL matches on when we were there on Wednesday.

http://www.foxandhound.com/locations/germantown.aspx

8. Anthony The RN

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Green Turtle in Germantown has FSC as well as CSN to watch any DCU matches. Also, Jersey Mikes in Germantown has FSC as well -- noticed it on the TV while I was getting a hoagie there lol.