Soccer on TV - Info requested

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by danielbernard redded, Jun 28, 2005.

1. danielbernard redded

Feb 13, 2005
    Hi Everyone,

Can someone give me info of tv broadcasts of the following leagues, including channel and country they are broadcasted in? How many games each week are broadcast? are ALL the games broadcast?

Many thanks for your time

Argentina
    Brazil
    Mexico
    Chile

Also, If anyone knows where I can buy recordings on VHS or DVD for ANY soccer game from various leagues including Internationals, I would be glad to know.

Many thanks,
    Daniel

2. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knowing where you are at would help...

3. danielbernard redded

Feb 13, 2005
    Actually - I am asking for two people. I am in Italy and my brother is in California.

Daniel

4. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't help with the Italy stuff but your brother in CA should check out www.soccertv.com. It does a pretty good job of covering games available in the US. There are some holes such as mention of Colombia or Chile domestic league games that some people get with their cable/sat packages.

Some Argentina domestic games are available on FSC and FSE. Nowhere close to all. More like 1 a week. There is also another premium channel that gets ARG matches but the name escapes me now (might be TyC Sports). Brazil is on Goltv. They get the league, copa do brasil, and some state championship games. TV Globo can be purchased with some systems and has some games that Goltv doesn't get. There is a bunch of coverage of Mexican league games on a variety of channels (like Univision, TeleFutura, Telemundo, etc). Shouldn't be any problem to follow them especially in Calif. You also get some lower level Mexican games on FSE. Not a great deal of Chile matches shown in my area. I get some on TV Chile but I think few get that channel.

I'm probably missing a few channels but those should give him a good place to start. BTW, C.Libertadores games are shown on FSE (and available online on delay). Some S.American national team tournaments like the C.America and the recent qualification for the Youth Championship were covered on Goltv.

5. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    TV Chile is on Dish Network Latino package as well as (I think) DirecTV Para Todos. It carries a few Chilean league games each weekend.

6. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    there is a thread at the top of the forum page that is called "soccer on tv" which answers these kinds of questions. please look there for frequently asked questions like this.

7. waltman

waltman New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Hi Daniel, if you go here: http://www.livesoccertv.com/fixtures.php
    you can find a detailed database with a Friendly advanced search tool for all the leagues you requested (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and chile and other south american leagues)

The following are the networks we show for now. As we progress throughout the year we'll be adding other main US channels, such as Univision, Galavision etc..

Networks Covered:

Canada:
    FSWC , TSN, TLN, SportsNet, BellXpressVU (portuguese soccer)

US Channels
    GolTV, Setanta, FSC , ESPN , FSE

International Channels
    TV5, RTPi, EuroSport Canada, Setanta Sports

Cheers
    Walt - LiveSoccerTV