Soccer on television listings

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by BUSA Bulldog, Feb 15, 2008.

1. BUSA Bulldog

BUSA Bulldog Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccertv.com used to have great listings for all the places to find games on tv. Since it has been sold, it is useless.
    Anyone have a place they look for soccer listings? I really miss soccertv.com

2. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look up.

A little further.

A little further.

There, on the menu bar, between the Blogs option and the Shop option.

;)

Or are you talking about a listing of bars/restaurants/clubs where you could watch the games? Can't help you there, but if all you want is the game/channel listings, that link will set you up.

Lee

3. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Major Indoor Soccer League on FSC every Friday.

What more do you need to know?

4. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    I use the guide on my DVR personally, going through FSC, GOL and Setanta to see what is coming up for the next week or so. All three channels have decent guides on their websites as well

5. BUSA Bulldog

BUSA Bulldog Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found it - thanks.
    Is Setanta the same as Telefutura?

6. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    No, Setanta is an Irish network that carries most of the other EPL games that FSC doesn't show. You need a dish to get it in the US.

Telefutura, I believe, is in the Univision conglomerate of Spanish language networks. If you have two or more of those stations on basic cable, you may have Telefutura. If not, you'll need to subscribe to the Spanish package.

7. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Walt

Walt New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    South Beach
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I thought I'd reply to this post as the operator of LiveSoccerTV, i think i might be able to add to this topic.

I know most of you were very used to the simple textual layout of SoccerTV.com - other's might argue that scrolling through a massive amount of text to be a bit frustrating. I must have killed a few trees printing out Oliver's weekly newsletter. Either way, feel our layout is very easy to use and offers many advantages over SoccerTV. Our newsletter is also straight forward and available on-line ( http://www.livesoccertv.com/newsletter-02-24.html )

I'll take this opportunity to provide you with 3 quick features of our schedule.

Firstly the schedule is presented in a chronological manner. You can move forward and backward.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/fixtures.php

You can also view all the matches by channel if you click on a channel link.

You can also view all the matches by type of competition by clicking on the competition link:

ie; http://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/england-premier-league/

We also provide an advanced Search tool where you can do a custom search such as this:

Choose one or more competitions (listed alphabetically)
    Choose one or more channels (listed alphabetically)
    Choose the country / league origin of the match (listed alphabetically)
    Select a date range (from date & to date)
    Select a keyword (ie, juventus)
    Search >

This feature is available on the top right of the Fixtures page (big red button - Advanced Search)

I know it'll take a few tries until you get familiar with LiveSoccerTV but the site has built with the user experience in mind. We welcome any feedback from you.