Soccer on eDonkey/eMule

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Saeyddthe, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I can find just about anything else using my eMule client, but 'soccer' is sparse and far between...
    I'm not a representative, so I won't explain why I think it's far better than any other client (BitTorrent), but I'd like to know why so few use this avenue for sharing soccer video...it's extremely easy.
    I suppose what I'm ultimately hoping to do, is round up a group of people to start sharing there....anyone?

2. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    eMule is the best for finding applications and old movies and is a great client overall but torrents are better for getting the file out there faster and as most soccer downloads are of matches which you want to watch ASAP. It just makes sense to release them that way.

3. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I suppose I should clarify... I meant older/classic matches... WC, Euro, CL, etc... Once a file is fully released on eMule, and shared for a short time, it tends to have a much longer shelf life... BitTorrent is like a sparkler, lots of fizzle, then it goes out, and you have to light another one, you know? I'd like to be able to find a game any time, and download it when I want to...that's all.

BitTorrent is great for getting games out there, but to keep them out there, I'd like to start sharing them over the eDonkey networks... It's the exact same principal, just less transitory...

Tell you what... I'll find some games on BitTorrent, then start the chain on eMule myself in a day or two. My default connection is Razorback2...just look for (soccer) in the title...;)

4. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You are definitely right about that. It would be nice to have some "classics" available on eMule to check out. I'll look for you on there.

5. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    So far (just beginning, more to come)...
    US @ Grenada
    USA 110 Goals Highlight Video
    Dennis Bergkamp 100 Goals (My role model, insanity & all)
    PSV @ Arsenal (CL)

As soon as I get the US @ El Salvador match myself, it'll be up too...
    I'm going to look for more classic matches that people will want to d/l, and maybe 2-0 & 3-2, etc. ;)
    If anyone'd prefer hashes to just searching yourself, I'll provide them with the future releases...

6. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I'd really appreciate any help in getting this started, the more, the merrier...

BTW - I'm not listed as 'Saeyddthe' on my eMule client... But the files I have will speak for themselves...;)... As I've said, I'm usually on the 'Razorback 2' server, sometimes for weeks straight, sometimes for hours, but usually...I'm on...

7. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance there is an OSX version of eMule either available or on the way? The website you linked to says nothing of a Mac version, so I'm guessing no...

8. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    There is a Mac version of eDonkey, I believe it's still officially beta... eMule+ is a mod client of eDonkey (similar to Kazaa Lite++, etc.)... If you want to search a little, I'm almost positive someone's ripped up eMule, and put it together for Mac somewhere...it's a very popular program...

9. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    the mac version of emule is all command line-only last time i checked. the mac version of edonkey has a gui but it is very clunky. and emule/edonkey is SOOOOOOO slow. you start a download and eventually finish it a week later. even things that are not that big. try directconnect. http://www.neo-modus.com

i find everything i am looking for there. the european hubs have tons of classic game videos.

for late breaking stuff however nothing beats bit-torrent