soccer cartoons site

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by vanders01, Jun 30, 2005.

1. vanders01

vanders01 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    peterborough
    Hi all
    Just like to tell you about my soccer cartoon site i am a uk artist and i enjoy drawing all the top teams in the premier league its www.soccercartoons.com

its still new id like to create an interest and im not out to make lots i think they are reasonable priced too

thanks

liverpool fan too so still very excited

2. Dkrift

Dkrift New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    The Valley
    Bah! Trying to make money I see.

3. vanders01

vanders01 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    peterborough
    i see your point ..id like to be known as an artist more its not all about money .if someone likes what i do its a nice buzz after all its my work .

id like to create some interest

thanks for you coment

:)

4. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm feeling pretty hungry, oh whatever should I eat? Maybe a SPAM sandwich, followed by some SPAM fritters and perhaps a SPAM burger to finish.

Seriously though, I like your work and you're quite the talented artist.

Just one little criticism though if you don't mind. I think your cartoon of Tim Howard bears more than a striking resemblence to Kevin Spacey and doesn't really look like our loveable Timmy Tourettes. Maybe I'm the only one and need to buy a pair of glasses.

Kevin Spacey

[​IMG][/URL]
    [/IMG]

Tim Howard

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

"You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting caught, and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything it'll be to get rid of me. After that... my guess is you'll never hear from him again."

5. vanders01

vanders01 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    peterborough
    he he i do see your point

thanks for the reply

6. Dkrift

Dkrift New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    The Valley
    I have no problem with you sharing your art, but when I see that you only post in threads you started about your art site, I kinda feel I am being taken advantaged of.

7. vanders01

vanders01 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    peterborough
    sorry

not sure what you mean

how am i taking advantage of you or any one else :(

Im here just to pass on information about my site and to speak to any regarding any thing if they want to :)

im also new to all these sites and to be honest running an internet site as unless you have loads and loads of money to waste you can only get the message out word to mouth or in this case sending a message

and if any one would like any advice re art or even starting an internet site after all the trouble i found i was having maybe i can help there .

many thanks for your reply and your honest opinion :)

david

8. slidingtackleCOM

slidingtackleCOM New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    In Fairness, if you want to promote your site then buy a signature and avatar and do it that way (like me! :D ). If it was a non-profit making site then no worries, but it isn't.

But your artwork is good, very creative.

:)

9. vanders01

vanders01 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    peterborough
    Thanks mate :)

it took me along time to get to this level yes i would say there could be some improvement there should be if i continue ...thats what i want to do

and maybe open some other doors on the way

i did come on here and on the web even very blind to it all ...

yes i suppose my aim is to be an artist and be able to create

i do love football and this side i do ..i do enjoy drawing all the players i do have quite abit collected over the years now i do put alot of hours in the day into this and some times i do think im mad .....

id like to draw other teams and certain players from clubs that are big stars

and have fun with it

yes id like to sell loads and loads its very true :)

but i think the prices are good and quality is good as well for what you get ..its has been marketed and responce has been good ..that the hardest part believing cos to shove any thing into any ones face can create abuse etc .... so to eventually have the guts to show my work was a big step ..and yes it may lead to nothing but i am selling them and who ever has bought one has been pleased ..not felt conned and took that bit of history that team did that year and put it on the wall at home ...my work ...thats worth the hours i spend on it i think :)

thanks for the comments

ill check out that site to and maybe any other ideas

thanks

david