Soccer and other Sports

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by halfnelson31, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Bobaloo142

Bobaloo142 Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The only other sport I like is basketball. In fact, basketball is my favorite sport.

2. Snarf

Snarf Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    For me it's football first, but a soccer fever is burning through me, and for some reason I'm paying more attention to soccer right now than football, even though my favorite vikings are 5-0.

Basketball is next, mainly because it's SacTown's only team. I think without the Kings, basketball wouldn't even register any more than baseball, which is fighting with hockey for last place in my affections.

I only check baseball in october to see how the Giants and A's will flame out in the playoffs. The A's are fast becoming the new Cubs. How can a team go into the playoffs favored to win so many years in a row without winning one series?

3. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    Whoa buddy. Let's not get carried away. The Red Sox and the Cubs have been underachieving for like 80 to 90 years... the As have a LONG way to go before they can compare.

Anyhow, Sox-Yankees at a 3-3. Pedro v. Clemens in game 7. I expect Tim Wakefield to close for the Sox tomorrow night if things aren't looking amazing for Pedro. Marlins are up on Cubs by 3 right now (DAMN IT!), but we'll see how this game 7 turns out... would someone please let that damn goat into the stadium...

4. Michael Russ

Michael Russ Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    I enjoy playing volleyball, but in the U.S. it is one of those sports that most people don't pay much atention too, unless it is the olympics.

Beach volleyball is probably more popular here, especially in California.

5. WLU_Mike

WLU_Mike New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Ontario
    I'd watch Black College Football if it wasn't on during the same time slot as MLS. I don't care much for the other sports.

6. SoccerNova2009

SoccerNova2009 New Member

Aug 19, 2000
    probably at a bar
    Favorite Sports:

Soccer
    Boxing
    MMA (Mixed Martial Arts....like Pride FC, K1 and UFC)

Other sports have really fallen off my radar screen, since the 3 sports I watch are all 'in season' year round it takes up nearly all my sports watching time. But I love it.

7. Furious George

Furious George New Member

Feb 19, 2001
    to the right
    A-League, MLS, College Football, EPL, NFL, and now a bit of Rugby with the World cup going on - in that order.

Baseball is infuriatingly unbearable.

I'd watch volleyball if were ever on.