SOB FC VS KS "Crack"ovia [R]

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by CrazyUnionBox, Nov 14, 2007.

1. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: SOB FC VS KS "Crack"ovia

where are these fields at??

3. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Our regular fields next to the river.

4. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

booooo...they are the pits

5. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    come on E-rock. healthy habits start now.

I have [R]'d the thread for your protection.

6. Fc philly boy 19

Fc philly boy 19 New Member

May 17, 2007
    Philly
    I am so incredibly bored at work today. Anyway, im excited for Saturday. i think we have a good chance to win. How does this team compare to Haggard, who I thought was probably the best team we played so far.

7. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed the last time we played these guys, but I heard we played them pretty tightly. I really think they can be held by a good back line. I think if we keep our heads about us and try to keep the game at our pace (by keeping some good possession through the midfield) we can actually pull this off.

8. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we have a really good chance of beating them. If I remember correctly it was a really close game... As usual it came down to simple mistakes on defense due to stamina and not being able to put the ball in the back of the net. I believe that Haggard was the best team we played so far also.

9. Jpizz3

Jpizz3 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Hatboro
    Much better in terms of possession, scramble a bit when trying to do too much in the 18, deadly from long range. Davey, have to stay on alert anywhere over half with these guys. The guy that scored 9 goals means to put it where he puts it. I think we played them very well, and we have added kicking the ball back to create space to our repertoire. This is a game we can win. No excuses, if you're tired take a breather, if you're having an off day take a breather, and leave it all out there because if we don't it's our last game.

Due to the magnitude of the game, subbing will be on a "need to" basis and some players may have less time than normal. We have to remember that as a team we want to win, so we have to act in the best interest of the team.

Lastly, is there a chance of some sort of fanbase showing up? Maybe a little Sunday warm-up? I know it could definitely help us keep it going on the field and could intimidate the other team. Just throwing that out there.

10. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These guys have already guaranteed themselves promotion to the segunda, and may be looking over us. It looks like we gave them their best game after 1776. We would have tied them had they not had a miracle goal near the end. Our back line really held them tight.

11. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am trying I swear....

12. Fitz1422

Fitz1422 New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Horsham
    Pizzo is right about all head said and I believe he is right on the "need to" subbing thing... It's winning time people... I believe this will be our starting line-up on saturday if all goes well with subbing it also depends on whether we start up hill or down hill.....

********Fatty********

********Matt*********

Erock****George*****Travis

********Joe*********

Adam********** Jeff

********Fitz********

***Pizzo****Cory*****

Subs: Tony, Bolton, Dan, Nico, Kevin, Jim, if i'm missing you just tell me...

13. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <----- Justin will be there to sub in at either wing.

14. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fitz, I fixed the lineup.

15. Huey is a SoB

Huey is a SoB New Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Bensalem
    I'm really pumped for this one guys, will definately be leaving it all on the field. I felt we could've had these guys in our first meeting, just need to shut them down quickly on defense, deciding goal was scored from like the 18. They also had that really annoying chick that got a yellow card. We carried a decent amount of the play, so keep it away and put it in their net, we can definately take them down. Oh, and I thought Haggard was much better than them, for the record.
    -Adam

16. Jpizz3

Jpizz3 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Hatboro
    I like how you accepted the fact that you were listed as "Fatty" and merely made a short joke in rebuttal.

17. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corey is Matt coming saturday?

You are missing Zac and Seth as a sub.

18. Fitz1422

Fitz1422 New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Horsham
    thank you for pointing that out pizzo... yea sorry not meaning to forget people just terrible with names and we are going to have a crap load of people...

19. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah (toe guy)

Sorry Justin.

Aren't we all bad with names.

20. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

MY

[​IMG]

21. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, be sure to egg her on and try and get her a red ;)

22. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no he is out of town....it would be sweet if we could get a contingent there to root us on to victory

23. George H

George H New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Uggghhh, it's killing me, but I'm not going to be able to make it on Sat. However, if we get everyone else showing up on the backline, I'm sure that things will be buttoned down very nicely on D.

Everyone, keep up the positive movement with and without the ball and we'll get the right result. I look forward to hearing all about the match on Sunday's trip.

Come on you SOB's!!

24. CrazyUnionBox

CrazyUnionBox Member

Mar 14, 2007
    137 Seat 1
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP... due to Matt not making it..well proposed adjustment. I am probably not the best sweeper, but would allow for more pressure up front with Jeff. We can at least start this way and see how it goes. Travis will have to try to stay back more in this setup.

Nevermind... changed again George is not making it.

25. Fitz1422

Fitz1422 New Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Horsham
    as of now thats def i our line up as seen above.... especially if we are going uphill and have wind coming at us... our strategy that half will be to work the ball outside and either a)get it up as far as we can that way b) kick it out if not.... we can not mess around with it during that half and hopefully that is the first half....

if we are going downhill we are going to get jeff up as soon as possible to help with the ball movement... and put travis back at sweeper most likly