So.......

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by PCFC, Jun 25, 2010.

1. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    They did the same like 1 year ago

4. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they do have a coach / gm now, reportedly have a stadium deal to play at Hofstra and have actual youth teams playing in the super Y league. So I would say that's farther along then they were last year at this time. Doesn't mean that they we actually play next year. But a little more then vapor ware.

5. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so they'll go for USL? why not NASL?

6. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Honestly, I don't think it's really going to matter. This is just my opinion, and in no way a prophecy, but I'm thinking that next year, we'll see a D-2 league that is neither the NASL nor the USL D-1; the USSF will not form a league, but will issue a "make nice, or else" ultimatum, and the remaining D-2 teams will either come together and start anew, or there will be no sanctioned D-2 league.

The NASL has gotten off to a less than auspicious start (possibly losing three teams (Vancouver (2011), Montreal (2012), and St. Louis (on life support (not being negative guys, just realistic), and Miami's not doing that great either, so maybe even four gone by 2012), and the USL is talking crazy, going to the Caribbean and all (and losing Portland next year). I think they ought to just blow the whole thing up and start over, but that's another topic for another day.

7. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get why everyone thinks NASL is a godsend and everyone in DII should be lining up to be a part of it. This season has shown it's no different than USL.

8. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    But the owners are in charge now... :rolleyes:

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you forgot about Crystal Palace Baltimore having troubles as well, cutting players, not being able to find a home field, and having to provide a new business plan to USSF due to its problems.

NSC Minnesota has really lived up to there own expectation either and uless their attendence picks up I can see being questionable as well. at least at D2 level

10. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Well, crap, that means they could be down by six by 2012, if CPB and MN go under! :eek:

11. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A D-2 National league is a FAIL, they need to split regionally and go from there. IMO

12. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    they need to sort out the USL and NASL mess first.

13. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    +1, travel costs for a NASL or USL1 team this season are like 200,000 US, and for a USL2 team only like 40,000

14. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    They already gave their cash to USL

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because it wasn't USL.

Just like anything that isn't ESPN is great.

Just like anything that isn't MLS is great.

The new hot chick in class always gets the attention, whether she can string two sentences together or not.

Look back at the postings from over the winter, the "Why not just sanction NASL as the Division II league? It's obvious they're the superior league! What more do they have to do?" nonsense. Which boiled down, basically, to, Francisco Marcos is a meanie, therefore the guys who are against him are great and we should all fall in line with them.

16. McLean FC

McLean FC Member

Dec 15, 2005
    McLean, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Dude, what the hell are you smoking? Don't you realize that anything named after something from the old NASL days is instantly a shining beacon of awesomeness? A team called the New York Cosmos would average 17 million fans a game, and changing Miami FC to the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers is all that'd be needed to fix their attendance woes. It's true, the interwebs told me.

GOD, you just don't get it. Hater...

17. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    "You must spread reputation, blah, blah, blah..." Consider yourself repped anyway. :D

18. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    True, on both counts. US Soccer needs to tell both parties to play nice, or else. Then, somebody needs to get some common sense, and realize that a national footprint isn't going to make it. They need to make Austin their westernmost market (San Antonio, if they come in, is farther east, if I'm not mistaken), at least for the next few years, all the while cultivating relationships with potential owners in cities like Phoenix, Sacramento, maybe Anaheim or Fresno, and perhaps Las Vegas. That means that Edmonton is going to have to wait, which is a smart move; they'll never make it being a western outpost, a zillion miles away from everybody else. Bring them in when or if Minnesota is viable again, and there is a team in Milwaukee.

19. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did anyone catch the latest Family Guy?

(There must be something we can talk about)

21. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Sites updated alright. But once again, there is barely any news on it, or whatever was typed hasn't been replaced. I guess USL is becoming FC NY's press agent.