So who here has read the Roy Keane book?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Father Ted, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Anyone? What did you think of it?

2. SpamIAm

SpamIAm New Member

Mar 31, 2000
    Arlington, Va.
    Keano

I'm half-way through. Interesting. Lots of talk about drinking and bad behavior.

So far, I think it's pretty honest. Although he doesn't say it himself, I think Keane's aversion for playing for Ireland stems from not being chosen for the top youth teams when he was younger.

His loyalties are with the club coaches who gave him a chance.

I don't usually read sports autobiographies. I made an exception for Keane because I admire him as a player.

I won't do it again. The incidents described are too one-dimensionally portrayed to draw fair conclusions.

3. Don Homer

Don Homer New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Dublin, Ireland
    Re: Keano

Probably why they're called autobiographies in the first place...

Although, seeing how people right now see an extreme and jump on it, good luck finding a balanced account of Roy Keane's life...

4. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Anyone hear the Adrian Kennedy phone show the other night? I rarely listen to it but I flicked it on and the Roy Keane debate was raging on, should he be banned for life. I couldn't tell who was worse, the pro or anti Keanos.

The anti Keanes we're mostly old women who have, by some of their own admission, never watched nor played the game but found his elbow discraceful in an otherwise gentlemenly game.

The pro Keanes we're just making stuff up, such as saying McAteer was only put into the centre to wind Keane up, ignoreing the fact that he nearly always played there, that's his best position and the Sunderland wingers are now Butler and Pipper.

I'm begining to doubt if there is a well balanced informative view on the issue left in the whole country after listening to that crap, I hope we can just forget Roy Keane and concentrate on ramming the arrogant Russia coach and players comments down their throat with a typical 25 yarder from matigol.

5. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    where can i pick up a copy of this book?

6. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Well, you can use a friggin computer, so you're halfway there.

7. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Play nice Metrotard.

In answer to your query, if you are not resident in the UK or Ireland, http://www.amazon.co.uk is probably your best bet (until the Big Soccer shop gets around to carrying it). In the UK or Ireland I imagine any of the larger chains (Waterstone's, etc) will have it.