So when will the draft start?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by MikeLastort2, Nov 3, 2004.

1. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

2. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    There will be no draft, Mike you know that... Now take your loss like a sport and move along, now... Being a poor sport only makes you look bad ;)

Save some face..

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I were the poster Caesar, cuz then I could write

Hey, I'm hung over as hell, but I'm not dead!!!

4. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Id be most eligible! Id prolly max the PT test. Im of age...geez... Id be sent in a heartbeat
    *gulp*

5. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Erm another question, do you think they'll start drafting women? (and gays?)

6. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what is this? Several draft threads running around now. Is everyone ONLY arguing for or against the possibility that Bush will try to institute a draft despite the lack of dire need of one?

I'd contend that if our hand were truly forced, we were invaded, Iran decided enough was enough and entered the fray in the middle east, etc. etc., a draft would quickly become an option. We are stretched thinly now as it is.

I don't think Bush would attempt to reinstate the draft for another Iraq type situation. I do think that if we really fvcking needed to have one however, that it would likely happen.

7. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    sure... equal opportunity right?

8. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    19 with no health problems (that I'm aware of).

Still voted for Bush and don't believe there will be any draft unless something catastrophic happens.

9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, absolutely.

And cute little puppy dogs and Grandmas and Butter Pecan Ice Cream.

They're all gonna get handed a gun and sent out as cannon fodder for the great Bush death machine.

You people are the farging limit. Better than drugs by far.

10. Riceman

Riceman New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Wylie
    Won't need to draft us religious wacko's. We're willing to voluntarily fight to defend this country

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    All right! Desk job for nicephoras! Suweeeeeeeet!

Hmmm, this is going to involve a careful balancing of interests.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    So you're already enlisted then?

13. Riceman

Riceman New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Wylie
    no I'm 32. If it did get to the point that we had no choice but to have a draft then I'd go ahead and enlist but as of right now I'd probably be more of a liability to the army.

14. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United

DAMMIT! What has he done the past 4 yeasrs? 9/11 happened on HIS WATCH. If I mess up at my job I would get fired, guess it dosen't work that way with the president. Our economy sucks. My state has lost jobs, ...and we're dirt fvcking poor anyway!!! AND WE VOTED FOR HIM. {weeping}I am paying into social security. I am 25. How much do you think will be there for me by the time I'm 65? I hope your little girl grows up and has a lot of children, 'cause some body is gonna have to pay off this debt that W is wracking up. If he would have just acknowledged that the no WMD being found meant that his people fvcked up, held somebody accountable for producing sh1tty intellegence I would have supported him, but its this cowboy "I'd do it anyway." WHY!!! We were wrong! Yes Saddam was bad, and its good that he's gone, but we replaced their whole govt. with nothing of value. If we don't go after Sudan, N. Korea, Iran, whoever is breaking UN sanctions, then it makes the reason's for going into Iraq seem pretty weak, dosen't it? Becasue we're trying to make the world safer and all. Seems like he's done a bang up job so far. Michael Moore is NOT the conscience of America, but do you people REALLY think we've been better off w/ W for the last 4 years? I would die for this country, and I bet most of you would as well, but do you REALLY think the main part of our military should be in Iraq instead of turning the Afganistan/Pakistan border upside down looking for Osama?

15. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    :rolleyes:

GIVE. IT. UP!

16. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    No, I am an officer!

And I have raised my right arm going on 5 times!

How is your arm?

17. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    if there is draft how many of you plan to make a quick getaway to Canada or Mexico?

18. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm nearly 29. It'd take WWIII for me to be drafted.

19. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Remember all the feckin' lies Bush told to get us into Iraq in the first place. One more won't hurt. Hell, he gave us the "Patriot Act" and tried to pass that off as something innocuous and needed. Orwell was right.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That's the whole issue though. Duh.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I didn't ask you. Why are you responding to me?

22. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    30 yrs old, 7 years in service. Not gettting out.

The military does not want the draft. I love my soldiers because they want to be here. Why the ******** would I want to lead a bunch of you guys? I love discussing soccer with you, but that is it.

Short of something HUGE happening, you will never see a draft. And remember that for something huge to happen, another Army in this world would have to attack the best Army in history. Not going to happen.

23. scottycap

scottycap New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Oklahoma City, OK

24. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If there'll be a draft I'll support Germany giving Asylum!

25. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, Mike. I just can't imagine Karl Rove being stupid enough to suggest such a thing, and even if he and Bush got a bug up their collective butt and thought it would be a great idea, the GOP leadership in both houses would say "Um, actually, we were sort of enjoying this whole majority-party thingy," and that would be that.