So what were the announcements?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Ringo, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read on the Shake with the Quakes thread that there were going to be two annoucements made, but nobody's said what they were. new unis? new stadium? (70,000 seat retractable-roof palace would be nice)

2. Quakesfreak

Quakesfreak New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    CA
    not the announcement..sorry

I know! i swear, I'm dying to know!!!!! i went to shake with the quakes, but didn't hear anything and it's killin me! somebody...HELP!

3. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    the big announcement was...............

That there was no big announcement, and the Quakes front office was smart enoughto reel lots of people in by lying and saying there was.

4. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the 70,000 fans to fill the place would be nice too. :)

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to figure this one out too. Cuz I hear big announcement, and I think a big to-do to go along with it.

If the kits were one, they did mention that. Johnny confirmed that it is indeed ManUre's kit. In Quake colors of course.

Other than that, there was the info that SJSU has (not in formally however) committed to spend money on upgrading Spartan.

Could those possibly be the two announcements? They weren't really announcements, as the info came out in answer to questions that were asked at the Q&A session.

6. Quakesfreak

Quakesfreak New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    CA
    so, no announcement huh...well, i guess it's much, much better than thinking that i missed out on something important that wasn't even said. YAy!