So, we've got our '4th' striker then.....

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/14277083?source=Evening

How very interesting this would be, genuine pace and skill up front, great first touch and vision, coupled with the ability to accurately cross the ball.
    Has and eye for goal and a good shot.

Oh, how i would like to put thisteam out on the pitch for a couple of games...

...........................................Cech..........................................

Ferriera............Terry.............Carvalho...................Bridge

Johnson...........Makelele.........Lampard................Duff.......

.........................Robben..............Drogba..........................

Um, mouthwatering............

2. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about this in the preseason...If you have Robben on the left up top, it would certainly be easy for him and Duff to play runs off each other on the left side of the pitch....either way you'd have a quality left foot in the corner making a cross/pass into the other....

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City

Very intersting indeed, but what about Robben and Kezman, the duo from PSV. Unless we take out Johnson, put Robben in there. I think with Duff and Robben form each wing, it doesn't matter if we put Drogba, Eidur or Keza in there. Now, that's a team to be reckoned with.

P.S. Did you see my previous thread about Drogba. Do you know when he will be back. Any idea?

4. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    more or less the same story off sky today.

it'll be interesting to see who'll start or what formation will be used next two games against the two west teams(hammers and brommies).and what role will robben play should he be picked.

but he could definately play as a striker but my only worry would be his finishing considering as we have already seen with kezman,you cant always judge off a players form in a differant league.

hopefully though he can do enough to tide us over for the time being,should he be started or subbed as a striker.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The underpants of defenses all over England (and Europe) just changed color...

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This team would be absolute murder when playing on the counter. Duff, Drogba, Robben and Johnson all running at the defense, with Lampard's long balls? Yeeeesh. And while Glen is not a particularly great defensive RB (yet), he's certainly a good defender for a right winger. :p

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Exactly.
    I would put Ferriera on the pitch just because i put Johnson up ahead of him.Ferrieras a pretty good right full, it's just his lack of going forward thats been my pet peeve about him.Johnson on the other hand, isn't afraid at all and can put in a killer cross while he's at it, the problem is he's still a tad lacking in the positional sense when it comes to defending.I think the two would be ideal for each other.
    Given the fact that we don't have an out an out right winger, or, even a decent right sided every day player i would give him the job.

8. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    This lineup looks absolutely smashing. But knowing Mourinho, I have a feeling he'll stick Robben out on the right and Tiago in the middle, with Eidur alone up top. Either that or, God forbid, he'll try to play Tiago as a right-winger.

9. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It reminds me of that legendary 4-4-2 Brazil (Tostao, Pele, Rivelino, Gerson, Jairzinho...) that becomes 4-2-4 on the attack :D

10. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like yer team Clan, but I had to tinker a little :)

---------------------Cech-----------

Gallas---------Terry------Carvallhao-----Bridge

------------------------Makalele----------------
    -----------Lampard--------------------Gerrard--------

------ -----Duff-----Drogba-----Robben

11. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ok, ok, so we don't have Gerrard (yet?) so I think Jose will go with Tiago in that role. Smertin has all the energy but Tiago is better in the air I think (yet to really be put to the test this theory, but I see Tiago getting on the end of crosses with his head, crosses that Drogba misses that is :), kinda like Poyet). Parker covers for Makalele (like for like). Ok and at RB: although I think you just have to find a place for Gallas, I think Jose will go with Ferriera.

all the other options for line-up and formation changes, allowing Geremi, Johnson, Kezman and Eidur to come into the team.

12. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Smertin will get the nod over Johnson in midfield

but yeh
    the lineup is pretty mouthwatering