SO, we have a game Friday or not

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metz, Jun 25, 2014.

1. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Just start with it, what the hell...come boys....make some noice...

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm focused on the World Cup, and tomorrow's game is during Yankees-Red Sox.

@kokoplus10 Please sticky this topic.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  3. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm very curious about the turnout for the game tonight

4. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Olave and the young guys in the back. Should be interesting, but I like the youth and athletes in lineup

5. stevesimmons

stevesimmons Member

Feb 4, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Brazil and looking for a live stream. Tried atdhe.eu but no luck on my iPad. Can anyone help? Thanks.

6. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. stevesimmons

stevesimmons Member

Feb 4, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the link but I can't seem to get it to work on the iPad. I think we need Flash, so no luck.

8. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great defense splitting pass by Henry in the first half set up our goal.

Alexander has played like dog$hit all game and it's his man who provided the assist on the equalizer.

9. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sekagya coming off for Steele. Disagree with this. Sekagya has been decent.

Alexander now moves to CM where we'll be overrun and give up another goal.

10. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Called it.

Watch the replay. Alexander walking around asking Sam to do his job for him. Sam comes back to play CDM and gives up the free kick.

11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unreal. Cahill saves our bacon AGAIN with a flicked on header to BWP for the equalizer.

2-2 FT.

If we can get Dax healthy then I have a good feeling about him and Cahill in the center of the park for the 2nd half of the season. Important not to rush McCarty back though.

12. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal looked like a set play practically. Will take the result, and thought team was alright. Still want a backup defensive mid to spell Dax though Sekayga is serviceable, I just don't want Alexander in the center ever again. Young guys in the back if given the last half of the season can be more than ready for the playoffs. Our best back 4 is Duvall-Olave-Miazga-Miller

13. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I liked the defense, very active looking that they wanted to play Henry beside the pass to Okongo in the Peguy gol, he was erratic as always, he isn't a alternative anymore....

14. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha. Yeah okay Metz.

15. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Couldn't catch the game but watching the extended recap it looks like we're still having a ton of trouble defending through the middle of the field. I feel like last year, even when we gave the ball cheaply, the team was very quick to snap back into their defensive shape. That discipline and urgency isn't there this year. Even old man Juninho busted his ass to get back to his defensive spot. It seemed like there were a dozen plays yesterday where Toronto was simply out-hustling us through the middle of the field.

Its also becoming depressing just how bad some of our off season moves are panning out. We're spending a decent amount of money on Eckersley and Convey, and they've now both lost their spots to rookies. There's only a few days left I believe to cut contracts before they're guaranteed, Eckersley especially should be cut.

16. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a buddy over at my house Friday night watching the game. He's a casual soccer fan who pulls for the USMNT but doesn't pay much attention to club soccer. At the end of the game he said he had never seen an athlete change a game upon introduction in any sport the way that Cahill did in Friday's draw. It really was a joy to watch.
    Quick thoughts....
    Miazga has looked the part for me since the Lyon friendly last summer. I think he's a real piece to build around and I prefer him already to Armando and Sekagya in central defense. He is very athletic and he opens his hips like an NFL linebacker. He has a legitimate frame, as well, and I think he can develop into a national team type guy in several years.
    The young fullbacks played pretty well. They are both suspect positionally, which is to be expected, but they play with verve and intensity.
    The glaring need for this team is in the center of the park. McCarty's absence hurts, yes, but we don't have another two-way midfielder on our roster. I think Bustamante may offer some of that skill set but Petke seems to have no faith in him.
    This is the area we need to upgrade. I think we should use that open DP spot on a solid box-to-box type who can slot in tactically in a holding role or in a more advanced role. We are flawed in other areas of our roster but I think this is the part of the park that needs the biggest injection of quality.

17. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree, our lack of control in the center of the park exposes the team every week. Get a CM DP now, and then next season we can play Cahill up top permanently.

18. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    MASOCHISTIC.......

19. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Why do you hate Cahill again? Do I even need to ask or is it just his age?