So we are at a cross roads with Freddy adu. I am sick of it. Sorry mods. Please read before erased.

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by taylor, Feb 14, 2014.

1. dcole

dcole Member+

May 27, 2005
    Yawn.

(P.S. Wake me when Freddy invents that napkin sauce he's rumored to have been working on.)

ebbro, bungadiri and keller4president repped this.
  2. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #27 taylor, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    @Huss
    Is there a time where we can talk? I can legitimately prove the ya threads on fa that drive a significant amount of traffic are being........ Unjustly being closed with extreme prejudice. @Dan Loney @Aduesque (French rev vis a vis is 2010wc post France)
    After six years of this behavior I posted this cyber revolt, and after six likes in the first hour of my ya thread post, the thread was moved here. Ie most will not see this thread.
    Fa still may be at blackpool or somewhere else and the mods continue this bs. Is there any help from somewhere in the cyber world?
    Given they closed the thread after an hour, I only wanted to prove that there is genuine and new interest in fa.

Help me Cyber Won, you are my only hope.

3. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  5. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Trying to be respectful but I have never seen a ya thread closed before an official link was given that a player had not signed for his official try out team. This bs that there is so much derision going on in the ya threads is absolute....malarkey. There could not be a greater consensus about fa. He has his issues. We (most non mod posters) support him and want the best for him. He is in Europe, without question. It is absolutely not clear that he has not signed with blackpool and this fa mod behavior has consistently reacted this way over several years.

Numero Dos repped this.
  6. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've posted this before: YA is a limited-function forum. It has to do with international club careers of people who are or have at least a real chance of being US citizens. It does not have to do with the national team careers of those players. The Freddy thread in YA was talking about two things: his potential role/past play on the national team and his problems/potential as a player. Whatever news there was coming out of Blackpool was completely inundated by the same people saying the same things they've said over and over for years. That's fine. It's a perfectly legitimate topic for conversation...someplace else. We moved that conversation to a place that is better suited to house it. When new news for Freddy comes up that substantiates his status as a YA, then he'll get another thread going. We're not going to restart the same thread shortly after it's been moved someplace else.

Nobody (but you, that is) said anything about derision being the cause for this recent decision. In fact, despite your claims about extreme prejudice, we are very quick to delete derisive comments in those threads. The problem is that Freddy threads are for some reason consistently locked into a terminal death spiral around whether his positive attributes outweigh his negative ones, whether he brings anything of value to the US team, and to what extent does Freddy bear the responsibility for his marginal status in US soccer. If his performance on any international club is brought up, it is in support of these endlessly worked and reworked arguments. That is USA Men material. It's not YA material.

dcole, Marko72 and luftmensch repped this.
  7. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #32 taylor, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    And yet it is in customer service?

Please cite link where Freddy has not signed with blackpool FC? It is 6pm on jan 14th.
    Please cite one eg where mods have behaved in a similar fashion this way with ONE OTHER YA? Why close the thread after six likes after an hour? To my and your knowledge he is still on trial at blackpool.

@dark knight @bungadiri @Friedel'sAccent

Numero Dos repped this.
  8. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Honest to god, not trying to be a dick, although my ex says I exceed at it, but FA IS STILL AT BLACKPOOL AND THE MODS CLOSED DOWN THE THREAD CAUSE OF ABSOLUTE BS THAT THERE WAS TOO MUCH USMNT TALK, LOL.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    [​IMG]

Having modded the DCU board back in the Freddy Adu days, I have to say I completely understand the YA mods on this one.

DiscoWarrior11, ebbro, bungadiri and 2 others repped this.
  10. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

You have a lot of issues.

11. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't imagine why he's infatuated with Freddy.

12. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus Christ, sack up buttercup. Adu just left a club in Brazil and is now training/trialing, press reports have said both, a club in England. Sounds like a cause for an open thread in Yanks Abroad. In fact, thread that was just closed was started today with a video interview talking about his time at Blackpoole. We certainly have had threads open for less.

afgrijselijkheid and Numero Dos repped this.
  13. Diegan

Diegan Member+

San Diego FC
    United States
    Sep 18, 2008
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the point could have been made less emotionally, but I agree with it. I don't think there are many players who get their threads closed/reopened for every trial. People want news on his trial/training, not on what position he'd play on the US national team. That's why someone like me would only check the YA thread and wouldn't bother with the US forum. Whether or not he's signing with Blackpool, he's there training or trialing (it's irrelevant which one really) and it's considered significant enough that it's getting press coverage every day, including one article less than an hour ago on ESPN.

14. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why was I tagged?

soccersubjectively repped this.
  15. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I find this thread fascinasting.

It's been mentioned in another thread--but why not start a Freddy forum, and have Taylor, or someone that is intersted in dealing with all the crap that happens in those thread sto moderate it?

It's the 'cool' thing for Mods to trash on the crap that goes on, and complain about how 'tough' it is to police it....well do something about it.

It's not going to go away...and treating Adu and threads on him like a red-headed step child is not going to do anything by neglecting it.

Start a forum, have any thread that starts spiraling into a 'Adu' thread moved or those specific posts moved to that thread by...guess what...that dedicated moderator! Bunga' or Friedel, since you guys are the mods that always love to find your way into these threads... @ call the said moderator, PM him, or have folks flag posts to sends personal emails to said moderators account so he's always policing it.

Simple, right?

afgrijselijkheid repped this.
  17. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Because the Muppets weren't available

18. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This post is some garbage.

19. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, Oscar the Grouch!

Aduesque repped this.
  20. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

lol

21. Namrog The Just

Namrog The Just Member+

L.A. Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 2, 2007
    Baltimore County, Maryland
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about anybody else, but I've always found Freddy threads very entertaining.

wixson7 and soccersubjectively repped this.
  22. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #48 xbhaskarx, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    If you want to be a mod, maybe start by learning how to write properly... the OP is a total mess.

Will Freddy Adu magically become a successful professional soccer player if this thread gets 50 likes?
    It's like half the crap on Facebook, "a million likes to this page and we'll cure cancer!"

Do you have any evidence that I haven't signed with Barcelona? Because if not, I demand a "me to Barcelona" thread, with me as the mod if this comment gets 5 likes (we're arbitrarily coming up with these numbers, so I chose a more easily attainable one for myself)...

23. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

[​IMG]

song219 and taylor repped this.
  24. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we do close threads for people who cycle out of YA/international club status. That's always been the policy. Sometimes we don't have to, because the threads drift off the front page of their own accord. Other times we do, just because the (former) YA in question draws enough attention to keep the thread afloat. We also consider other issues in the course of making these decisions, such as whether there's anywhere else the topics under discussion can go.

The thing is, though, there aren't many players who have Adu's history. He's been in and out of clubs like a Vegas lounge lizard on a bender over the last few years. You couple that with the fact that Adu threads tend to be kept afloat by a dedicated group of posters who have areas of Adu-ological turf to defend and yeah, we've had to close more Adu threads in YA than is normal.

Why do we bother closing the threads? Because the forum loses the ability to perform its narrowly defined function if it's not watched (most commonly, it threatens to become just another USMNT forum, with people debating JK's or BB's or whoever's preferences for one guy over another). We have readily admitted that the YA boundaries are arbitrary, but then so are the boundaries describing most, if not all, of the sub-forums on this site. And they're the boundaries established at its inception.

All that said, we are perfectly happy to consider opening a Freddy at Blackpool news only thread.